Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#625964 09/07/10 03:06 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have a dream journal, my regular journal, my weight loss journal (which will be BURNED when I'm done), and a gratitude journal.

My gratitude journal is teeny, and goes with me everyone, because sometimes I just need to write what I'm grateful for because my day may be sucking or something. And it's only gratitudes. My regular has things I'm thankful for too, but also talks about my day to day stuff.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I don't feel so bad now! LOL. I have a dream journal, a spiritual journal, a gardening journal and a daily journal. However, I do NOT write in them regularly which pains me. I did have a gratitude journal but it took up so much time because I am grateful for so so many things. Everything!

In fact, that is my main problem about journaling. It takes up too much time--I mean hours and hours!

When do you know when to stop writing?!?!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA...... when my arm starts cramping up LOL!

I always liked Julia Cameron's idea about the morning pages - stream of consciousness for about 3 pages should do it she'd say smile

Three pages (from each journal) seems to work for me wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Yes, I read Cameron's book and morning pages suggestion.

Hmmm. I'll try it again. Three pages a day for each journal. But still, that will take at least an hour for me with all the journals I have. You've inspired me to restart them. Thanks! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
he he he.... I usually do my gratitude journal later in the day, so that saves me a little time.

This morning I sat with my dream journal and sighed. I'd had one of those epic dreams. About 9 pages worth LOL!! I didn't even get to my regular journal HA HA.

Deanna Joseph

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I also have several journals. I often feel I do not have enough. I have my daily journal (which I do not write in daily - so I guess it should be titled "normal stuff"). I have my Spiritual Growth journal which I write in often (dreams, visions, being in Nature, etc.). I have my poetry journal, which is often very spiritual and very private. I have my Writer's Journal that keeps track of my writing skills and how I have grown as a writer. I have my Diary, where I post very personal feelings. Then I have a quotes journal, which has quotes from friends, family, my children, grandchildren.

I am thinking about starting a journal on my wardrobe and home: how my wardrobe likes have changed over the years and how I decorated my homes over the years. This would not be written in often, but it might be fun for future generations to read.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I saw on a food show that a woman keeps a food journal. Not a food journal that tracks what she eats during the day but a list of foods and dishes that she considers her favorites or must-trys.

Now that is a foodie!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ah.... I have a small notebook I carry with me for writing ideas. And I have a poetry journal - though I guess I hadn't considered it a journal.

And I have a spiritual growth journal too... one where I put in the exercises I've tried - and how they worked for me, visions, and the strange, metaphysical stuff that happens to me. Of course, those encounters always make it into my other journals too because I'll usually be pretty excited about them. But having them in one journal makes it easy to go back and track things, rather than having to read through all the day to day stuff too.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
There is a movie I LOVE, Last Holiday, with Queen Latifah.

She is a chef, and she takes pictures of the fantastic meals she cooks,and puts them into a picture journal.

It's so cool!

Deanna Joseph

Koala
Koala
I loved that movie! Queen Latifah is such a gifted actor!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.