Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
All Hallow's Eve is just under two months away! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when the fall gets here. You can watch "Scariest Places On Earth" on the Discovery channel, Ghost Hunters, and other fun "haunted" shows!

I am going to start reading "Will Storr vs. the Supernatural" here pretty quick too, so I can review it just in time for Halloween.

I LOVE this time of year, and it makes me sad that some people mistakenly associate it with evil. Once upon a time, our ancestors believed it was important to honor the deceased. It had nothing to do with sacrifice or evil :::Shrug:::

Anyone besides me getting excited?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Me Too! I love the Fall. Halloween has always been one of my favorite celebrations. I've never associated it with evil and just have fun. It's harvest and Pow-Wow season as well, a busy time for us.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Gecko
Gecko
Yo!! Halloween is it for me! I love the fall; the start of candy season, the crsip, cool, freshness of the weather, the kids having fun, decorations, crafts, food/harvest time......

ps...yes, I do think more of my deceased loved ones this time of year as well.....

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Pumpkin spiced lattes from Starbucks.... fires in our outdoor fire pit. Apple picking at our local orchard and caramel apples.

And of course, ghost stories, and we have to watch the movie "Practical Magic" and "Hocus Pocus" smile

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OH! Can we all come over, Deanna? That sounds like fun.

I agree with you that Halloween was not meant to be associated with Satan and evil. It is a delightful holiday and one can make of it what they will. I associate it with Autumn, my favorite time of year. The golden warmth of the sun, the rustling leaves, the beautiful colors, these are so pleasant -- and the hot chocolate or latte with friends is wonderful. I often gather autumn leaves in baskets and sit them all around my home.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
F
Koala
Koala
F
My birthday is two days before halloween and i absolutely love halloween.
I woke up this morning and thought about doing my halloween decorations today, i always do them earlier than most, that way i have time to enjoy them.

Flower
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Oh, gosh, Deanna! You've got me wishing for fall! You painted such a cozy picture!

And Phyllis, I love your idea of gathering autumn leaves in baskets. I wish I lived in a place where they are four definite seasons.

We used to really decorate for the kids and even set up a haunted house. They had a blast. We'd stuff clothes to make it look like a man and lay him sprawled on our lawn--headless--next to our headstones. But we heard an older couple walk by in disgust, muttering about the drunks passed on on the lawn! LOL.

I love making Halloween party foods. Hey, did you ever read some of Penn & Teller's Halloween trick foods? So cool!

My kids are older now so no trick-or-treating. But I crocheted each of them a cute "witches' boot" and I fill it with candy for them. They're into health now and don't care to eat a lot of candy so I do it for nostalgia!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Unbeknownst to me, my daughter had always dreamed of a Fall wedding. Our calendar is so full this time of year, it proved a daunting task to set the date. The wedding is Nov 6th and the flower girl will be using Japanese maple leaves instead of flower petals in a bird's nest basket. These trees grow on the college campus where the kids first met.

We're decorating with pumpkins, mums, leaves and grapevine. It will be a fall extravaganza! I won't get to decorate for Halloween this year and that's a bit disappointing. But I get to decorate a huge farm building for the reception. That's an exciting challenge.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
How exciting, lcp! I wish I could be there to help you. I love decorating with fall colors, pumpkins, gourds, squashes, etc.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yes Phyllis, come on over :::VBG::: I like to gather fall leaves too. And when I go walking, I always take my camera this time of year and photograph the leaves!

I also associate thanksgiving and gratitude with this time of year (like many people do here in the U.S.). Though we may not have a "literal" harvest this time of year, like our ancestors, we certainly have just as much reason to celebrate... So many things to be thankful for!
Flower, what a fun time of year to have a birthday!! It's not too early to decorate wink I usually decorate for fall just before the equinox (which is ONLY two weeks away!)

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 08:19 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.