Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#624517 09/05/10 05:26 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This week I had my first ever indoor yoga class. There were five students, and the room is fairly small so that filled most of it. I was so content, I actually followed along with most of the moves and was able not to always watch the instructor! So that makes me happy.

We had to be inside because it was too hot out (95F) but I really like it better outside. I like the nature and breezes and quiet noises. It felt much less relaxing inside. Still, it was nice smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It's kinda of funny that after all this time this is your first class. How many yoga DVDs do you have now? hehehe

So glad you did well and are happy!

I want to be doing yoga in the desert when it cools off. I also want to be yoga-ing on a cliff in hawaii like they show in some of the DVDs. I don't think i will do that one soon, but i do have some lovely creeks here I can bring my mat to. Maybe next month, or even mid-this month.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I've been taking yoga in an indoor class for a couple of years and only recently went to my first outdoor class. Our yoga instructor had a special Friday series at her home, out on her deck.

I really liked the experience except that I had to remember to wear bug spray the second class. Got bitten by mosquitoes the first one-lol.

You do get a much different feel in an outdoor class though than sitting in a classroom with 30 other people.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I went birding along Lake Michigan with a group on Saturday; it was VERY windy. (huge waves, and all the birds were huddled with their heads into the wind) There was a yoga class in a beachfront gazebo, trying to keep their yoga mats from flying away by piling rocks on the corners. That was a little TOO outdoors for me!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
LOL, at least the breeze drove away the bugs!

Gecko
Gecko
Claybird, I know what you're saying! I've attempted to take my Yoga to the beach. Once. It just didn't work out! But, when I moved up to a little sheltered area on the beachwalk (boardwalk) it was better, but still uncomfortable. Getting sand blown into your eyes spoils the whole experience!

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
CEO, Nutrabeautiful, Inc.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I remember seeing an amazing yoga beach class in southern India - the teacher would hire a musician to play whilst people were doing the class. Magic...

My housemate frequently does tai chi on the beach (only a few minutes walk from our house) at quiet times - the things that interrupt her most are curious dogs...

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Gecko
Gecko
Asha, that yoga class sounds fantastic!

Nancy

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We had a few more outdoor classes which were simply magical. The clouds were drifting by, the birds were singing, the sun was setting, I adored it. The time literally flew by.

The last class was inside because it's getting cool now. We were all jammed into the room - I think it can hold 13 people at the most, and that's fairly close in to each other. So when you are doing moves where your arms sweep out, you have to really watch that you don't hit someone else. Which takes away from the experience a bit for me. I miss the outdoor area! Plus there are the noises of the gym, and the air is sort of stale ...

I imagine it might be different if you were in a dedicated yoga studio which was quiet and pretty and serene smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
ONce i have my studio fixed up, I look forward to having that kind of setting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.