logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Below is a listing of commonly asked questions from people who visit the Large and Lovely Forum. The are directed toward the Large and Lovely topic more so than how the forum works. You can find information on how the forum works and how to use controls through the Forum FAQ.

If you have any questions you feel I should add please contact me through the Large and Lovely contact form; scroll down to see form.

Thank you for visiting the Large and Lovely Forum.

Last edited by M o e; 09/03/10 08:31 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Q: Where can I find modelling or beauty opportunities for plus-sized women?
A: We have a thread for that very topic located here: Modeling or Beauty Related Contests.

Last edited by M o e; 09/03/10 08:37 PM.
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Q: Where can I find a good bra?
A: We have a thread discussing bras: How Do You Put On Your Bra.
You can also find information on plus size bras here: How to Fit and Where to Buy.

Last edited by M o e; 09/03/10 08:37 PM.
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Q: Where do I learn about sales for plus size clothing.
A: I used to update a thread for plus size clothing coupons and sales but it seemed like I was making more work for myself than was necessary. You can find weekly coupons and sales information posted at my plus size shopping blog.

Last edited by M o e; 03/06/11 03:53 PM.
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Q: Why was one of my posts deleted?
A: There are a few reasons a post can be deleted.

1. The most common reason is it's a blatant spam message by someone who has never carried on a conversation in this forum.
2. The message contained comments deemed insulting/derogatory/demeaning/argumentative to the chief readers of who this forum was designed for -- plus size women. No personal attacks (or unsupportive statements) whether realized or not are tolerated in the Large and Lovely Forum. We want plus size women to feel safe when they visit here and for them to have a place of comfort where they won't be judged or ridiculed or have to defend themselves -- they do enough of that in their real lives as it is. The information in this forum is posted for plus size women and not for others to come in to debate why we are wrong, or unhealthy, etc. It is up to the moderator's full discretion whether a post is appropriate or not and no notice will be given.

Last edited by M o e; 09/03/10 09:06 PM.
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Q: I started losing weight and have all these plus size clothes I can no longer wear. I really want them to go to someone who will use them. Do you know of places that cater to women of this size

A: Here are three options for putting plus size clothing to use:
1. Dressed for Success would probably love any career/work or business attire you have in plus sizes. If you haven't heard of them they are a non-profit organization that provides "interview suits, confidence boosts, and career development to low-income women". Here's a link to their website: http://www.dressforsuccess.org.
2. The second option is to donate/sell the clothes to Re/Dress. It is the top site for second hand plus size clothing! Here's the link to their website: http://www.redressnyc.com
3. For the other things you might try posting on eBay. For convenience and time I would post everything as a lot of clothes (list everything under one auction); especially if making money is not your focus.

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.