Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Deb, that is a neat idea and I agree with you in principle. I used to like affirmations and visualizations, but no longer do. I used to be all about those kind of things but life has beaten them out of me in the decades since I studied them in college.

I do think I wrote things pretty positively with my 'will have been' words. That is about as far as I can go at this point. :-)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - it's great to take things in little steps! Get yourself settled into your RV, and treat it as your oasis of contentment. Thrill in your beautiful moving home. That sounds like a good focus for now!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's six months since I revisited my long term goals, and I'm making up a "Lisa Shea Vision Statement" to hang by my desk that has my overall priorities, my long term (5 year) goals, and then my short term goals. So I'm looking at what I have set for my long term goals:

* BellaOnline Growing!
* Next Weddings Books Published
* One romance book published
* Son graduate from college (only a few classes to go)
* House organized (day by day!)
* Yoga and Piano
* 125 pounds
* Earn a Bachelor's Degree

I've made some tweaks to this compared with the January entry. I removed travel. I'm just traveled out I think and want to stay put for a while. My son finishes college in December, so that is great!! That'll be a huge achievement. I submitted one of my romance novels to Harlequin so I'm waiting to hear from them.

I *still* have not finished my weddings book on Native Americans. I need to start focusing on that. I am working steadily towards my degree, so that will take a few years but progress is being made. My weight fluctuates but it's at 134 so it's not *too* far from 125.

The house swings from almost clean to wildly messy. I have to get rid of stuff. I have been doing that but clearly not quickly enough.

And BellaOnline is always a high priority for me, so that remains that way.

I have been getting back into yoga, but haven't touched my piano (which is covered with junk) in a while. So maybe that's an indicator that I should go clean out that spare room!!

First let me finish this process. Do I have any other goals in my long term goal set? ... ...

I think that will do for now. If I reach those things in five years, I will be content.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just a reminder that once you post your five year goals, you then move on to your One Year Goals to start planning out your small steps to make progress!

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
In 5 years, I will have a self-sufficient jewelry business, a full-time job that I love that pays the bills and has benefits, and be well on my way to being an accomplished writer.

Man in my life....well, I was married once (widow) and do not see that happening again and is not in my 5 year plans.....now - talk about 10 years - well - OK!

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Robin - I know some of my goals were fuzzy so I wasn't a very good role model, but the more specific you are with your goals, the better!

So rather than being "on the way" to being an accomplished writer, what would you like to accomplish? Would you like to publish a book? Be published in a magazine?

On the romantic front, what if you say that you plan to be in a healthy, supportive relationship of some kind?

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My main five year goal is to be totally self-employed as a Publisher and Writer.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne -

That is a great goal! That sounds completely achievable too - I know many people who make their living by writing!

What are some other goals for your list, based on your priorities? Any health or spiritually related goals?

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Lisa,

My Health goals are always changing because I'm inconsistent when it comes to exercise and I love food.

I've said it. I admit it. I love food and chocolate.

My health goal is just to get down to a size 12 and consisently walk 3-5 times per week, at least 2 miles per day.

That's completely achievable for me. Two years ago, I was walking 4 miles per day, 3 times per week [writing and my relationship started taking priority and I stopped].

Really, that's a 1 year goal, but I won't feel like I've really accomplished it until I do it consistently for at least 5 years. Then I will know that I have changed for real.

As for my spirituality. That is very important to me. Strengthening what I call my spiritual core [I talk about this in my book] is a must and it's something I do daily, on a regular basis and have done so for years.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne -

It is fine to love food! The key is to enjoy it in a way that balances with your life. So you savor small pieces of fine chocolate rather than eating giant gallons of chocolate ice cream. That sort of thing. We can find that balance for you!

Those sound like great goals!

Low Carb Forum
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.