Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
During my yoga class today we had a great session and then at the end we were all laying down and she was doing the 'relax your toes, relax your legs' sort of thing. It was wonderfully quieting and I enjoyed it immensely. But then pretty much the very second she got to the head and we were all laying there in beautiful silence, one of the women started to get up and gather her things to go! I think she was trying to be quiet, but for me it really disturbed my peace, because instead of just being lost in the moment I heard every thing she was velcroing or rolling or gathering up. And really, it was only one more minute before that part was done and the yoga person was hitting the chime. Could that one extra minute have made that much of a difference in her schedule, for her to wait?

How do classes handle this?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
you should mention that to the teacher. usually they get pretty annoyed at the behavior too. Sometimes they might make a mention before class to have everyone stay until the chime.

Gecko
Gecko
Yes, mediation sessions should be timed. I had an instructor who had a small gong she used to signal the end. It was a peaceful and mellow sound that didn't startle anyone. Unless someone is feeling sick, they shouldn't leave until the signal, and this should be stressed by your instructor prior to the session beginning. If a student repeatedly does this, the instructor should take it upon her/himself to speak to them privately.

Sorry this happened....I know being interrupted during meditation can make you feel uncomfortable.

Nancy

Last edited by YogaEditor; 08/20/10 05:06 PM.
Elephant
Elephant
Here's a few reasons that person might have walked out. Had to pee really bad, was feeling overwhelmed with emotion, forgot they had to be somewhere and just realizing class went on longer than they thought it would.

So many other reasons. I don't think people just walk out because they're being rude. I do agree it can be disruptive but the more you practice the less stuff like that will bother you or matter to you.

Sometimes when I'm in Savasana here at home, my son will walk in and just start talking to me. Used to bother me but now it doesn't even phase me. The other day he asked me if I was asleep. I just smiled and he went on his merry way.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I suppose we'll see if she does it again next week, maybe it was a one-time thing. I would of course forgive her if she really had to pee, but she gathered up pretty leisurely and then wandered off to her car so I don't think that was it!

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
Wow that's just rude then. I've never walked out even when I did have to go so bad I thought I was going to burst. One of my clients did though for some silly reason. Felt like saying something but thought some people just don't care. She'll probably disappear sooner vs. later.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This last class nobody left during the meditation part and it was SO peaceful and quiet. I loved it.

In fact you guys were talking about feeling emotional during this part and I skimmed over it, thinking that was a rare thing. But during this last class it was so relaxing and then she had us roll onto our sides into a fetal position, and I did actually feel a little teary! It was like all the stress just streamed out of me. So that was a new thing for me!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's wonderful, Lisa. Sometimes during savansana I feel very expansive and connected to the universe and even - gasp - people. I like that feeling and want more of it. Sort of where problems seem small and far away, and that the universe is an ok, benevolent place.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.