Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I am sad to learn that not many people here like Japanese food. Is there nothing about Japanese food that interests you? frown

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I really enjoy sushi in its various manifestations, and miso soup is a favorite too. The trouble is there aren't too many opportunities to sample other Japanese foods in a small city in the great Midwest.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
That's why you need to cook it yourself, Claybird!!! Start with easier, less intimidating dishes like the shrimp ball, carrot fritters or chicken katsu. Did I post the Chicken Katsu recipe? I'll check.

Thanks for stopping by! smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
The only place in my city that claims to be Japanese is Benihana Steak House. The chefs put on a great show, and not sure what I was expecting, but it didn't seem too different. Everyone at the table seemed to get the same veggies done on the community grill...only the meat and fish were different for each of us.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
V
VWR Offline
V
Benihana's is the most Americanized of all Japanese restaurants. Japanese food is definately NOT gross. Google Japanese restaurants and maybe you can find one within driving distance, try Tempura (crunchy prawns and veggies), Yakitori (grilled chicken kabobs), or sukiyaki (meat and veggies, which you cook yourself in a broth filled elec. frypan on the table. That's just a few! VWR

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
I am sad to learn that not many people here like Japanese food...
Japanese food is my favourite food but here in the UK Japanese restaurants are usually the most expensive of all the non-British restaurants! And if you try to cook from recipe books you can never find the complicated ingredients they mention.

Have you got any really simple recipes you can do at home using some of the more common ingredients? (JOY)

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
It's not that it's not my favorite. The Japanese restaurants that I normally see are the more expensive sit down ones. On a post in one of the other forums was a question on the difference in cuisine between Chinese and Japanese styles of cooking. I would love to try authentic Japanese cooking-if I could cook it not too expensively at home.
I've had tempura shrimp - didn't know that was a Japanese dish. The carrot fritters sound interesting. Would love some simple recipes.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Ok, I'll start posting simple Japanese recipes that use readily available ingredients. smile

Thanks so much for the input!

Tempura is Japanese. But it can be tricky to make. I'll post a recipe for Shrimp Fritters, too. Easy and delicious.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks, you may have just opened an epicurian door for my burger and fry taste buds.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Shrimp fritter? Sounds yummy!!! If you can post recipes that would be AWESOME.. I'll let you know how mine turn out.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.