Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Tom Pilitowski, Beaulah Shyni, Adi_s, Brandi Ford - Costuming, Moonbaby
58321 Registered Users
Forum Stats
58,321 Registered Members
417 Forums
119,083 Topics
845,277 Posts

Most users ever online: 615 @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Nancy Roussy 248
Mona - Astronomy 128
Celestine - Baptist Editor 60
Angel S. Class 54
Susan Helene Kramer 27
Angie 21
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading 19
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 19
Angela - Drama Movies 18
Korie - California/Yoga/Knitting Editor 14
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#619836 - 08/22/10 04:05 PM What are your short term goals?
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
We've been talking about five year goals and one year goals, but i wanted to start a thread on short term goals. maybe for a week, a month, or three months.

I'll start.

I have a new used car from craigslist that I need to have looked at. I am having issues with the radiator, for one thing. That needs a water pump and new backflow container. I have called my shadetree mechanic but have not heard back yet.

I also need to set aside time to have one of those free brake check sessions done. Those are in Flagstaff or Prescott, so it will take a whole day set aside for that. maybe I can find one that is walking distance to a bookstore or coffeeshop, or someplace with wifi. Also, maybe there are some out of town errands I can get done while there.

Same with a oil change. I want to use something like Jiffy lube, where they do a 40 point inspection free. So this will be another whole day out of town.

I have coupons for these things around. So my steps - find coupons, figure out what towns to go to, plan a few days for this, and gather stuff to work on while waiting/plan errands to run.

My timeline is: within a few days for the radiator (otherwise I am carless). And within the month of August for the oil change and brake check.

So that is one life area to attend to within the short term.

#619839 - 08/22/10 04:13 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Jilly]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Those are great goals, and it sounds like you have a doable plan to handle them! Wonderful!

#619854 - 08/22/10 04:48 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Thanks! Ok, working on this one goal, there are jiffy lubes in Flagstaff, Prescott and Payson.

And I also found a free coupon for $5 off - jiffy lube coupon

Here are all the things they check.

The one in Flagstaff is closest to places to walk to for wifi i think. Plus I can gather pine needles for my mulching beds. I will need to gather a lot of trash bags for that. Maybe I will try to get a hike in that day.

Okay, so print coupon, gather trash bags, pick a trail to hike and select a day.

#619865 - 08/22/10 05:18 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Alright. Coupon printed, reusable cloth trash bags in car, Walnut Canyon Trail selected and the day - Wed, Sept 1. If it gets too late for Walnut Canyon then I will jog along the Urban Trail.

Next short goal to plan...

#620880 - 08/25/10 05:06 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Jilly]
BellaOnline Editor

That is great!

You can also post short term goals in the matching forum, so you stir up interest with people who are into that topic! So for example I can post my short term cleaning goals in the cleaning forum, to enthuse other cleaners! smile

#621193 - 08/26/10 04:22 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
My short term goal is to finish my vision board.

Action Movie Editor, Launch Manager
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#621301 - 08/27/10 03:19 AM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
BellaOnline Editor

Vision boards are awesome! I vote you set aside an hour to sit down with a cup of tea or glass of wine and have fun with your vision board!

Mine sits right by my desk. I love the "x marks the spot" treasure map feel to it smile

#621501 - 08/27/10 01:54 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Virginia
I did accomplish another short term goal today. I have notes all over the place in various notebooks and sheets of paper on forum topics that I had written, but forgot about, article ideas that I had written in various notebooks and forgot about.
Well today I grabbed one 5 section notebook and re-wrote everything into just the one notebook - so I have a section for article ideas, forum topic ideas. quotes and topics to use in my new redesigned news letters, etc...

I'm feeling so organized - one short term goal accomplished. Now BACK to the vision board...lol...

Action Movie Editor, Launch Manager
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon

#621568 - 08/27/10 08:12 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
BellaOnline Editor

Dianne - that is *awesome* news!! Good for you! Having everything in one place, organized, is a great way to keep your forward progress going!

I sent out a bunch of editor packages today, so I have happy editors in my future and my office is a little more clean. So that is great!

Tomorrow my two summer classes end and then I have 2 weeks off before my set of 4 fall classes begin. So that will be a big help!

#621583 - 08/27/10 08:58 PM Re: What are your short term goals? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Robin - Card Games Editor Offline
Gecko

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL USA
1) Finish training class on this new temp to perm job (and hope it goes perm).....will be done by 9/7/10 and we hit the floor and take calls.

2) Get that jewelry business really started and off the ground.

Step 1 - Start Etsy and Ebay sales and see where that goes - all jewelry and beaded stuff to be made with gemstones. Hey - it is Earth Dragon Jewelry after all - they guard gemstones and animals....10% of profits goes to local and national (ASPCA HSUS)animal charities.

So I will start with baby steps - get hired on perm and re-start Earth Dragon Jewelry and keep it running this time.

That is enough for now as I want these items accomplished.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  leahmullen 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What will you do today?
by Mona - Astronomy
Inspiration
2 seconds ago
Trailer for Clint Eastwood's Latest
by Angela - Drama Movies
Drama Movies
4 minutes 15 seconds ago
National Film Registry Adds 25 New Titles
by Angela - Drama Movies
Classic Films
50 minutes 43 seconds ago
Tidbits on Tea
by mary-tea1
Tea
Today at 06:55 AM
What are you looking forward to today?
by Nancy Roussy
Self Development
Today at 05:23 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 05:22 AM
What's your Typical Daily Menu?
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 05:11 AM
Did you dream last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 05:08 AM
Astronomy / Space Advent
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 08:38 PM
Review - Autodesk SketchBook Motion
by Digital Art and Animation
Digital Art and Design
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Mona - Astronomy, Angela - Drama Movies), 57 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.