Next Thread
Print Thread
#619674 08/22/10 01:32 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
When I did my first ever yoga class I wore regular shorts, and I was really embarrassed by the shorts, because they kept riding up on me. I had to be in the "middle" area of the class, too, so there were people all around me. I couldn't hide in the back corner smile

So we went to Dick's to get me something a little more appropriate. Normally I'm pretty frugal but I found a set of Alo pants which go down to the mid-calf. More importantly they actually end at the waist, which I like, instead of down on the hips, which I strongly dislike.

More cool - they are made from *bamboo*!! They are 68% bamboo, 27% cotton and 5% spandex. They feel very comfy! I wore them all day today to get used to them.

So they're very eco-friendly, and so far they seem great for the purpose! I'll report back when I wear them during the next class smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
I had a similar problem in my first yoga class, only it was with my oversized t-shirt. It kept falling up around my head!

Your pants sound great. I have some bamboo sheets that are my favorites! They are softer than my 600 thread count sheets.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'd love to try some bamboo attire. I like hip riders though - I don't have a waist so I can't wear pants that stop there.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL Deb I have had that problem at home so I was very careful to wear a shirt that would "stay put"!

This class I did wear my new yoga pants and they did very well in the class. They moved with me through all the poses. So even though as mentioned I tend to be very frugal, I am quite happy with these pants and happily recommend them!

I think I am so used to the at-the-waist pants, after 40 years of wearing them, that whenever I wear the low-on-hip pants they feel like they're falling off smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I never consider a really good, well made item a frivolous expense - it's about how much use you get out of something and how much you love it. For example, I am happy to spend extra money on really good outdoor gear, because i will use the heck out of it and get way more then my money's worth in reliability and ease of use.

So these pants seem to fall into that category.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is very true Jilly. If you get something cheap and it breaks, so you have to buy another one, that's wasted money.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
it's also greener to buy something well made that you will hold onto and use a long time. (besides the bamboo construction!) YAY you!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I tracked down this thread because I still adore these pants so much and tried to find where to buy another pair. However apparently the company was bought out by Bella.com and now the pants are discontinued!! This is sad - I really like them a lot!

It goes to show when I find something I adore I should buy two pair. You never know when something will vanish.

Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.