logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Gotta love the excuses I hear from clients some times about why they can't lose weight. It's my metabolism, my age, my stress, my life, my yada yada yada...

It really comes down to Self Limiting Beliefs and replacing those beliefs with ones that get you to your goal.

We were designed to move every day, we were designed to eat healthy food all the time, why do people fight this and insist on freaky diets, minimal movement, pills, surgeries, and drama.

Some client was going on about that stupid HCG diet that tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant while you eat like 500 calories per day then you go back up to 1200 calories and stop taking the hormones and your body starts burning fat like mad with no side effects. WHAT A JOKE!!!

Have Americans seriously lost all common sense and the desire to live healthy meaningful lives!!! Wake up people. There are no shortcuts without serious consequences.

Getting off the quick fix roller coaster is the first step to getting real results that last.

Yeah I'm having a moment but if my rant helps even one person then I'm glad I said what I just said.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Quote:
Have Americans seriously lost all common sense and the desire to live healthy meaningful lives!!!

I do believe you are right. We Americans have developed a "want it now" and "the easiest way possible" mind set. The fashion world went a long way to promoting an unhealthy thin look as a role model for women, and funky eating habits were suppose to make us all look like a runway model. Hopefully the trend to full figure models (if you can call a size 12 full figure)will put an end to some of this and steer women back to healthy eating with coupled exercise to be come the beautiful women they are intended to be.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Great point! I do believe that has much to do with it but I think people need to stop trying to blame things on society or others too.

I think if people just focused on healthy behaviors most of the time they would reach their ideal weight and shape whatever that might be.

A shift to full figure might be good but a size 12 may only work for somebody who is 5'9 ish and a larger frame. It worked for Marilyn Monroe and Bettie Page or even Oprah but doesn't work for others like me who are short.

Being a size 12 for me means bodyfat bordering on obesity levels and chronic fatigue. Not a good mix when both my grandmas were diabetics. Your ideal weight and body shape just happen when you eat healthy and get regular exercise. smile

F
Koala
Koala
F
My excuse, i love food.

Flower
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I Get comfort from food, I also find i eat a lot just out of being bored
Much of the time i eat when I'm not even hungry it just gives me some thing to do

Rosie L
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I do too. Especially chocolate!!! I eat it every night right before bed too. smirk

Yesterday I ate:

1 piece of whole grain bread with all natural pb and 1/2 a banana and 2 c coffee

1/2 turkey and swiss sandwich and grande latte at starbucks

5 pieces of cantaloupe

and for dinner I had 2 c pasta with spinach tomatoes feta and albacore tuna plus 1/2 c ice cream

drank 2 glasses of chia water and also had my 2 squares of choc.

Definitely a high carb day for me cuz today i'm busting out a kick [censored] workout.

Today I'll be eating high protein lots of veggies and no starchy carbs to balance that out.

You can love food all you want. It's simply a matter of learning how to manipulate it to get what you want.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Your dinner sounds terrific. No sauces of any kind?

Granny
F
Koala
Koala
F
I�m just hungry all the time. And the worst part is it usally after 7p.m. I have to break this very bad habit.

Flower
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Just butter. I add that and the cheese when the pasta spinach and tomatoes are hot and it all just melts into a goey cheesy type of pasta. The tuna goes on top. I try to use fresh fish but yesterday we had none that was already cooked so I cheated and used 3 oz. canned. I do use Newman's marinara from time to time but not much. The fresh tomatoes and spinach sauteed in olive oil are pretty satisfying to me.

Today is opposite day. Instead of easy recovery workout and high carb I'll be doing high intensity workout and eating high protein, high veg, no starchy carbs.

I really like the result of this type of carb cycling so far. Weighed in at 117 lb this morning. I'll keep cycling the carbs to match workouts for another 3 weeks and see what happens.

My goal was to get down to 115ish before starting aerial so we'll see. This has 100% to do with flying on a trapeze with ease. I think having bigger goals that are not about how you look is key to sticking to your eating plan and exercise.

I want to fly like trapeze dawn!!!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 08/19/10 10:07 AM.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sounds yummy. I never connected the type of food I ate with my exercise.

Granny

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.