Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
I love lists of all kinds. This ancient list was originally written by the Apostle Peter, and I expanded on it here. Don't know that we can ever completely cross off the items on this to-do list, but it's good to have a plan, anyway.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
It's funny but brother love and love is so foundational in Christian living, but why can't I remember to love myself? Aren't we supposed to love ourselves? Or is that Jesus' job?

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Lori,
We do seem to have trouble keeping self-love in its right place. In our natural state, we love ourselves too much, to the exclusion of God and others. Recognizing and accepting Jesus' great sacrifice in laying down his life for us, while we were his enemies, helps us to learn to love God and others as we should.

But sometimes people in our lives have damaged us so badly that we don't know how to value ourselves as God does, and we think that we are worthless. Again, coming to know the deep love Jesus has for each one of us, and realizing that he deemed us worth sacrificing his life for, can help us love ourselves as we should and heal us from the damage done to us. So Jesus' love for us is a natural corrective, whether we love ourselves too much or too little.

R
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
R
LeeAnn, that is so true. I have a friend who cannot find the way to love herself because she believes the ex-husband and the children that she is worthless. It is so sad to see.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Rebecca,
We all know people like that, probably. I know I do. I thank God for the very real good we can do them by loving them and lifting them up to the throne of grace in prayer. These two actions in tandem can literally let loose miracles.

S
S
LeeAnn, you are a good person that I observed from your thinking and advises. I never heard it in my life before.Keep it up and you are doing well.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Smiera, I'm glad you're finding my musings useful. I hope you are learning things to deepen your love for God.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.