logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
--Vitamins nutrition--- Vitamins nutrition is an essential part of health and wellness, and this is demonstrated by research. In this article, we outline the reasons why we should all have the recommended amounts of vitamins each day. Nutrition is what we provide to our bodies (in the form of food), to support life within our body's cells. A vitamin is part of this nutrition which is required by our bodies for everyday functions. Other essential nutrients such as essential fatty acids, dietary minerals, or essential amino acids, are not included in the term vitamin. Our bodies do not naturally produce vitamins, so we must obtain them from food or supplements. There are currently 13 different compounds recognized as vitamins, and these include A, D, E, K, C and 8 different B vitamins. --Each vitamin plays it's own role-- Each vitamin plays it's own role in keeping different parts of the body healthy. Vitamin A plays a huge role in healthy eyesight, it has antioxidant properties, and appears to function in maintaining normal skin health. Healthy body tissues and muscles are the role of vitamin C, and also increases the body's immunity and has antioxidant properties. Vitamin D is good for strong bones and is also critical for overall health. The body's defense systems are supported by vitamin E, as well as it supporting a healthy heart. Researchers suggest that vitamin E may prove useful in the prevention of heart disease when taken for extended periods of time. Any more Ideas and tips then feel free to share here... Thanks... www.trubalance.net

Last edited by Rwbecca.Franks; 08/12/10 12:00 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Rwbecca.Franks!

Thank you for joining the BellaOnline Forums and I am so glad to see you have posted.

Amoeba
Amoeba
hi................... Calories only come from the four macronutrients: protein, fat, carbohydrates, and alcohol. Fat has 9 calories per gram, protein and carbs both have 4, and alcohol has 7. thanks

D
D

Last edited by debrah; 10/18/10 01:35 AM.
A
A
Great post! Very helpful i must say. This is something very important and i must admit everyone should be aware of this. Thanks!

Simon, I no longer get hung up on the fat calorie issue and calories in general. The problem is the food value per calorie. Calories which come from good foods (colourful vegetables/fruits and free range meats) are to my mind good. Those which are sugar and grain based are not good. I look for vitamins, polyphenols and protein high foods. So butter is good as is olive oil, but I don't like the newer mass produced oils. For the fat fearful remember that during the war in the UK people were rationed to "only" one and a half pounds of saturated fat per person per week. This was dropped to about half that by the end of the war (with only 2 oz of butter each per week). This is roughly 8 - 12 times what is recommended currently. Were they fat then or are they fat now?

S
S
I'm on Vitamin C on daily basis..

J
J
Vitamins are very essential for the proper growth of the body. It is necessary to maintain the vitamin level we take through our food. Our body gets vitamins from the different vegetables and fruits. So it is require to consume that food items after all vitamins play vital role in body growth.

S
S
thanks for sharing the importance of vitamins in the daily diet, I am sure this information is ought to assist many who are trying to get an inside on the healthy diet topics especially regarding Vitamins. Thanks for sharing.

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I strongly believe that we need to take a quality mineral supplement to make up for what we DO NOT receive from plants grown in depleted soil. And a good supply of D3 for those who can't get outside often.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.