Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#615167 08/05/10 03:38 PM
.... Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I grew up constantly being teased about my looks. My face was shaped like no other. My nose was too wide and too long. Why was my mouth so different? I hated the way I looked. Barbie dolls and beauty magazines told me I was an ugly white girl. Then my cousin recently showed me how we aren't ugly white girls-we're beautiful, ethnic, Native American women! She shared the pictures of our ancestors and sure enough-everyone seemed to have my weirdly shaped face, different mouth, and exactly the same nose! It took me 39 years to find my true beauty and pride in my family. I used to be ashamed to have my picture taken. Now I proudly show my face. I'm thrilled to find to find this site that celebrates what it is to be a woman of True Beauty. Does anyone else have a similar story to share? I am a proud great granddaughter of both the Oglala Sioux, and Blackfoot Peigan Nation.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
.... #616768 08/11/10 09:52 PM
Shark
Shark
Great grandaughter,

When I read your post, my heart skipped. I could not get your writing off my mind. I love what you shared! I am also so happy that you've found your true beauty as well as your family pride. You hail from two proud and beautiful ancestral lines. I know that your story will offer hope to others who have had, or who will have similar experiences.

I am also thrilled that you've found our site. At BellaOnline Ethnic Beauty we want you to feel comfortable, empowered, and celebrated.

Thank you again for sharing!

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
I really inspired with you, beauty means not the face and body beauty, if someone is only the pure hearted and nice that is its real beauty.

nackblue #687606 05/18/11 11:57 AM
.... Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Thank you April and Nackblue, for your responses. I was angry and tormented. I started every sentence with "I." Now Peace and Serenity fill me with quiet joy--at last. At 40 years old, I have found happiness. Busy with my foster dogs (now adopted) furever dogs, there's been little time to for me to enjoy the forum, until now. I hope our paths cross many times in the future.

Last edited by great_grandaughter; 05/18/11 02:37 PM.
.... #687695 05/18/11 02:25 PM
Shark
Shark
Hi Great Grandaughter!

So nice to see you again. I love your photo. With the sun shining on your hair you're radiant. You look like like you said: you've found happiness. It is never too late.

That is so gracious of you, giving pets a home. Like us, they need to be cared for too. smile

I look forward to our paths crossing many times in the future.

Be blessed!

.... Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi April! The funny thing about that picture is that it's cropped! I have my 2 dogs, one on each side of me in the photo. They're the very reason for my happy smile! Spring air, green grass and joy in my life make that smile. The best part of giving animals a home, is that they turn around and rescue us right back!

.... #687733 05/18/11 03:51 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Great Granddaughter, you are a joy and an inspiration to others and an Earth Angel that gives the animals the love and care they need. How refreshing and delightful to meet you.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
Great Grandaughter Phyllis hit the nail on the head, you are a joy and an inspiration.

Phyllis, I've got to pop over, check you out. I love Folklore and Mythology. I'll be a regular!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I think that all women are beautiful, some inner and some outer! A women is true beauty!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Originally Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette
Great Grandaughter Phyllis hit the nail on the head, you are a joy and an inspiration.

Phyllis, I've got to pop over, check you out. I love Folklore and Mythology. I'll be a regular!

Many women I have met here at BellaOnline are the epitome of true beauty.

You are most welcome to pop over any time, April. I have been thinking about a new type of article and your thread here has given me some ideas. Women in folklore have not often been portrayed as beautiful within or without. I try to change that perception with Molly Time, the character I created who is Pagan and has an Herb Shoppe.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 05/22/11 07:50 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Shark
Shark
Phyllis, I'm so glad you found some inspiration here, smile and you are right about women in folklore, we usually see their actions. They are often judged based on those.

I want to know more about your character Molly Time, she sounds very interesting. Where can I read about her?

Nackblue, you are right too! What a lovely comment, thank you for sharing.

Shark
Shark
TCW,

You're right some women have inner beauty while others have more outside beauty. I think the inner beauty is most important though. To be a beautiful person, one who is kind and a good listener, among other things is special.

You my friend, deserve kudos, you are aiding mothers everywhere to raise beautiful daughters, from the inside out!

Originally Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette

I want to know more about your character Molly Time, she sounds very interesting. Where can I read about her?

April, thank you for your interest in Molly Time. You can read about her by just clicking on her name. She was brought into my folklore collection by Jistin Time, a young fictional character of mine who became her husband. I put Jistin and Molly articles in my Folklore Remedies category to keep them together.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
.... Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wonderful reading about Molly! Simply wonderful Phyllis! I especially liked Molly's Herbal Salve article. Informative, but told in a friendly, helpful manner. I remember my grandmother Flora used something similar, but instead of lard, she used honey. I never got a scar from a cut when she'd put a finger of honey on it. Thanks for writing such a good article!

Shark
Shark
Hi Phyllis,

I popped over to read about Molly Time and that is brilliant. Kudos to you lady for creating such a character and showcasing her and Justin that way. I read about her and her garlic remedies. Ever thought of compiling all about Molly into an e-book?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.