I just recently published my first poetry book called To Love Is to Live. It is a collections of poems I have written in the past year while I was going through a difficult time in my life. The poems are very personal and heart felt, so I wanted to share them with people, because I know everyone has felt heartbreak at least once in their life. And that is what my poems are focused on, love and heartbreak. My book is split into two halves. One half is about the pain and heartbreak side of love, while the other half is about the unbelievable high that one feels when they're in love. I think my book could be for any age group, from young teenagers with their crushes and puppy love, to grown adults with their deep compationate love. Here are 3 poems to give you an idea of my writing style so that you may choose to read it or not (which can be purchased on B&N.com, Borders.com, and Amazon.com, ect). I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thanks bunches!! xoxoxoox -Mashael Makhadmi To Love Is to Live www.mashaelmakhadmi.com Lost My day has lost its meaning, Like a book with no words. My night has grown longer and longer, Never ending, like the days of summer. My sleep comes but once in a while; Like a moon eclipse, it is rare. Food no longer has taste; My senses have run off with my broken heart. The rainbow is colorless; Nothing but black and white refl ect off the paintings of life. The ocean gives no waves; The water sits lifeless the ocean fl oor. The mountains have lost their majesty; They exhibit the size anthills in life's dismay. Leaves been taken from the trees; stand naked in embarrassment. The sky has no more clouds; fl oats above the earth in its lonesome. The sun has lost its warmth; It has no heat, like an abandoned home. The air gives rise to no wind; Everything stands still like a painting in a museum. The world has not been a fool alone, For I, too, have lost something. I've lost the love of my life, The one who holds my heart in his hands. I've lost my soul mate; I've lost my heart. The world is left in misery, Because I have lost you. Control Your smile controls the sunrise; It's what lifts my spirits in a moment of weakness. The moonshine is controlled by your eyes alone. It calms my nerves when I feel as though I have lost control of my life. Your tears control the rainfall, Because when you cry, the whole world cries with you. Your hurt cannot help but be felt by life itself. Your laugh controls the colors of life, For every melody that comes from your laugh Creates a rainbow from your tears, A blossoming rose from your smile, And a sparkling from your eyes. Darkness comes about in moments of sadness, Like a dark cloud followed by thunder. Its stirs up the seven seas, and thrashes the earth with pain. Only happiness can bring about light, To break through the thunderous storm that you alone control. soul and body control life's cycle, And nature's disasters as well as its bliss, most important part of you is your heart, it controls me in every which way you desire, And, therefore, I am yours only forever. Want I want to grow old with him, To count his every wrinkle; I would kiss every new scar, And watch as his hair turns gray, As the leaves change color in fall. I want to help him as his patience begins to fi zzle, To sip tea with him at sunrise, Like two birds enjoying the morning. I promise to learn to cook his favorite dish, Even if I have to burn a couple before I get it right. Like any fi ne wine, I take some time. I long to be there at his weakest moments, So he'll remember me at his peak. Dreams of a family hover over me; They whisper ideas as I lie asleep. I wish to walk by his side, As we journey this world together. Give me the time to learn of his ways, To learn how he thinks, cares, loves. Let me explore the caves So that I can discover he special to me. I yearn to uncover secrets of his heart, Why he never ceases in my dreams; Like a drifter, he and goes. I want to reveal why my heart beats for him. He's the blood that pumps through my veins. I crave the answer of why my soul ran off with his. Like wanted criminals, they hide. I wish to grow old with him so that I may solve these questions, Like the Sherlock Holmes of fatal attraction. Yet, if my questions remain unsolved, I will have died living my life with my beloved. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!