#609891 07/08/10 08:24 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Have you ever told a lie at work? Even a small one?

"Gee, I love that outfit."
"What? That report isn't on your desk? I thought I put it there. I'll go look for it"
"The system must have messed something up."

So often employees feel that it's easier to tell a lie, no matter how small rather then to tell the truth and either hurt someone's feelings, or worse yet - get in trouble for making a mistake. But is it really ok to ever tell a lie?

The true problem with lying is that you have to remember the lie you told; and that gets increasingly difficult over time.

Check out the newest article on the Career Training site.
To Lie or Not to Lie

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
"You can't handle the truth" lol. I think most people lie about most things in life (little white lies) because others can't handle the truth.

I'm not a good liar, as you well know, and know from my experience both as a trainer and employee that people can't stand being told the truth even when it will help them lose weight, get a raise, or save their gym from going bankrupt.

A few years back I was working at this small studio that was on the verge of going under. The working owner and manager wanted to sit and discuss training research at meetings (so dumb).

I said we needed to discuss new marketing strategies to get more clients and improve retention. They looked at me as if I was insane and said we would get to that some day. 2 months later they went out of business but I had been preparing by seeking work elsewhere which I was totally honest about and they hated that too.

Why are people so afraid of the truth! It's like they want to fail or something. That place going under was actually the best thing that happened to my training career so I guess I'm happy they didn't listen to me.

Must read your article.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

O
O
One of the basic reason for telling lies in office frequently is because of non satisfaction of job. Many people just joins a company and later not finding job suitable for them or vice versa. For enjoying a job it is very much essential to go for a job of own liking and jobs that matches the skill.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Dianne!

I was "giggling" when I read your post. Keep in mind I was one of those who dealt in "black & white" = no grey/gray areas! Got myself in ALOT of trouble because I said EXACTLY what was on my mind at the MOMENT (lol). Now at age 51 (52 next month), I just SMILE if I really can not "lie"........ Yes, sometimes it is best to do a "white" lie to save your job in this recession. In my youth I lost many good jobs over being too honest. As an individual you have to decide what works BEST for you!

Last edited by Angela - Walking; 08/02/10 09:38 PM.
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks ladies,

Ms. M - you are so right, people THINK they want to know the truth when in reality, they really don't. Ha -that's my favorite quote from the movie...lol...
Angela..ha! I know so many people exactly like that- honesty at all costs, that's so funny... Technically we would think that would be a good thing, but alas...My hubby and his mom are so like that - it's either black or white no shady areas for them...
...oh hecky no...lol... I agree as we get older we learn the balance.

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 08/03/10 07:05 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
Tiger
My male friend is the KING of tact much to his detriment. He is finally learning after 2 years of dating, that I want the TRUTH. Hate it when he would keep stuff in and then "blow up" when he just cannot hold it in anymore. I rather know that I did something wrong so that I can correct it if possible, rather than keep doing it. My daughter is the same way, and I am so drained from dealing with him in Phenix City and now her in Orlando (lol). I need some "alone time" on an island........

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.