logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Some people are effective multitaskers. But I am decidedly not one of those people! I'd like to hear your tips and advice about multitasking or simplicity here in the forum.

The latest BellaOnline Mental Health site article addresses the issue of multitasking:

The Myth of Multitasking
Multitasking might seem to boost productivity, but at what cost to enjoyability and effectiveness? This article explains how focused attention, not multitasking, reduces stress by increasing productivity and satisfaction.

Join the discussion or email me to let me know your opinion on the article and the topic.

Last edited by Dr. Hershey-MH; 02/05/13 03:29 PM.

Erin Kelley-Soderholm, Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Website
Mental Health Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I agree totally. Multitasking seems to have drained away my enjoyment of things and made me less able to actually get anything done. frown

Gecko
Gecko
I think the problem is the world has been taken over by the Quickening affect. It's all about more more more , faster,faster faster that we someone loose ourselves to this. All one has to do is put the brakes on things and grab control. We can give ourselves permission to do what we really want to do and not be made to feel guilty. Life is too short and we are speeding too fast through it to even enjoy the moments.

E
OP Offline
E
So far, mindfulness is in the lead! I know some great multitaskers, though, and I hope they'll share some of their secrets with us... wink

Erin Kelley-Soderholm, Mental Health Editor
Mental Health Website
Mental Health Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Well, I think it depends on the situation. When I was doing my post graduation I needed to do two jobs. After coming back home I took care of my 7 months old daughter, household works and had to complete assignments for my study. Most of the time I needed to do different types of work at a time. I always made a 'to do list' on the basis of priority. It helped me a lot. After successful completion of my everyday works I rewarded myself. Sometimes the thought of reward influenced me to be more attentive to my works. Now I have overcome that part of my life. But the practice is still going on.
Now I'm enjoying a glass of juice, listening Yanni, my five years old daughter is sitting beside me(asking a lot of questions)and I'm writing in your forum. I'm enjoying this reward as I have done all my works in a planned way. So, multitasking can find out extra time for you.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
As a former proud multi-tasker, I definitely vote for mindfulness. I spent too many years running around like a hamster until I decided that was not a way to a peaceful and happy life.

Our culture now does not foster the growth of mindfulness as most people are constantly bombarded by too many tasks at hand with impossible deadlines. It is vital for us to set our own pace, slow down and "smell the roses" along the way.

Thanks for the great article!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have a book I just started called Hamlet's Blackberry that is about this topic. It's pretty dead on so far. I can't wait ti find out how the author resolves the dilemma of always being "on."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.