Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Reading this has actually made me feel a bit better. Jill, I also suffer from anxiety attacks - I can't leave the house at the moment, and I wont until I go to see my new GP tommorow. I completley understand how anyone dealing with this feels - it's spoilt a lot for me.
I'm really worried ATM because my GP of 9 years has just retired, and I've seen three Doctors since, only one of them was understanding about my anxiety. Another Dr made me cry for about two hours, after I discussed my situation with him and he didn't understand at all & was rude.
I'm coming up against a lot of predjudice ATM I feel, and I feel so sad that my last Dr has retired. I say, stay inside if it makes you feel better though - there's no point forcing yourself out, only to make yourself worse in the long run - it's just a shame not many ppl seem to share these feelings.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Steven. I feel less alone reading your post too. I am sorry about your awesome doctor and that one other dr made you cry.

I've experienced that too. It always feels extra disillusioning, like learning there is no santa clause. Aren't drs supposed to be loving and healing? heh - I guess that's just being naive. frown

Keep looking for a better dr. You don't need one that makes you feel bad. I've had one or two that made me beg for my meds.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks Jill, it is nice to know I'm not alone with these issues smile
Unbelievable - but I still haven't managed to sort it - and we're finding little help at all. I nearly had a panic attack the other day, and I can't go back to suffering from them all the time - I just couldn't live, because now I know that I can lead a normal life.
I found out today, through a friend, that it's all about money (no surprise there) apparently, the NHS has been told to cut funding for benzoes in Wales. The Doctors no help at all, they're even refusing to reply to my letter because they obviously know what they're doing is wrong. They're doing the same thing to my mother (reducing without consent) who's been on them for 30 years - and she's beside herself - it looks like we'll have to take it higher in the complaints department, or if it comes to it - move home, simply to get a Dr that will work with us and help us. Rather than just shouting orders and treating us like scum.

I agree, I thought Dr's wanted to help people - but they seem to just want to save money. I've tried four Dr's now and I'm really scared - although I have an appointment in two days with the one Dr who treated me with respect, I'm still nervous she wont be able to help because she's not "head of the practice"
We're worried sick, not sleeping or eating well - and all the help seems to be in the centre of the UK frown Hopefully, we'll work something out this week - they're going against every guideline, and I can't take much more worry frown

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, Steven, what a rotten situation for you and your poor mum. I am always fantasizing about your free health care but i guess you don't have the perfect solution either. frown I am sorry.

I'd say , yes, keep looking for a dr that cares. Drs wield a tremendous amount of power and if you find one who can give you what you need, then jump through whatever hoops it takes to get them. Keep making a record of complaints with a full paper trail. Blog about it - don't be silent. You are probably not alone in this.

I have a thread in this forum called Insomnia Cafe - you can join us there 24/7 for commiseration.

As for eating well, I'd start a post in lisa's Low Carb thread - you don't have to eat low carb to post there. She is very helpful no matter what and is helping me get some fresh food into my system.

How did the last dr appt go?

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks for the advice Jill, no it seems our free health care is far from perfect, and as usual it depends on where you live.

My last GP appointment went okay, I went back to the last GP (the only one that's shown me any respect so far) and she was really kind and gave me a lot of her time, which was nice considering I'm not her patient. She basically told me that I need to see my psyciatrist - so that he can write a letter and then she'll listen to whatever he advises. She was really helpful cos she was trying to do the best for me, and she was concerned.
So then I went back to the actual GP I'm with and she herself in the end said she thought I should see my psyciatrist, but that was over two weeks ago and my shrink still hasn't got the refferal. So I've had to chase it up three times now (all the while being treated like a nuisance) and it turns out "it got lost in the post" - which I don't believe - So I got my psychiatrists Fax number and gave it to the GP so it couldn't conveniently get lost again. I just sorted that today - so I'm still worrying.

My mum has literally just left to go see another GP, she's taken an NHS advocacy officer with her so that hopefully she'll be treated with respect - but I'm really nervous for her. I'd love her to come back and say everything's been sorted, but we just keep meeting with dead ends. Hopefully though... The NHS has usually been good, but it seems when things really come down to it - you do have to pay if you want a better and more fair service frown The problem is, so many ppl take advantage of the system and then spoil it for the people in real need.

I just can't believe how long this thing has been going on for - it just feels like a nightmare that I could wake up from - it's so scary to have a GP have my quality of life in their hands.

I'm trying to eat well, but my appetite has just gone - plus when I'm nervus I find it difficult to swallow food, I don't know if anyone else gets this? I just keep thinking I'm going to choke.

So things are moving Jill, but they're moving far too slowly for my piece of mind frown I'm just praying things will start to look up for the better soon. I hope you're feeling good, or better too smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
One - i would latch onto the nice GP like a barnacle. Even tho it's not technically your GP. Act like she is and she seems nice enough to be ok with being your go-to for some things.

2 - continue to be annoying with your need to see a psych. you need this. If it gets too stressful for you, sick your best friend or a family member on it. Sometimes I have my mom or MIL make these calls and it seems to get a great response to have someone in your court going to bat for you.

I hope your mum's appointment went well. That would be a big relief for you.

I don't know about the choking thing but i often feel like i might vomit when i am upset. be sure to mention this stress symptom to every GP you meet.

I am feeling ok today, which for me is a lot. smile I hope your tomorrow is easier. Post in lisa's forum - really - about your food issues. And try to get good sleep, whatever it takes. sleepness rumination makes it all much worse. perhaps post in Susan's forum about needing a short meditation idea to help lower your anxiety.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Absolutely having a doctor who believes in your health and advocates to keep you as healthy as possible is critical in life.

In the meantime, work as dedicatedly as you can to keeping *yourself* healthy. Not for the GP or the doctor or anyone else. For you. You are the one who deserves you to care for you. Find even the tiniest steps to keep you healthy, fed, relaxed, and full of sleep. That should be a very highest priority. You deserve it.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Steven, you doing ok today? Just checking in.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks Jilly and Lisa :), I did as you suggested Jilly and got my Mum to call about the Psych - and what do you know, a few days later they actually got it. At last!! smile So now I'm waiting to see him, which is a relief in itself.

My mother's appointment went really well, which is such a relief. Because it's so difficult to have two people suffering from anxiety this badly in the same family. She took the advocacy officer with her and the Dr said she'd work with her and wouldn't force her into anything. So that all sounded promising, and my mother was happy with it.

I seem to be going in stages, one day feeling awful, the next day fine etc. The reduction in my medication really scares me, and it seems to be coming down really fast. I've even started getting exsma (is that how you spell it? I'm sure that's wrong) - which I've never had before, even though I have asthma. It's really painful too frown It must be all the stress, only thing it can be.

I went out yesterday for the first time in ages and it took me hours to calm down, even with my friends. I'm going to keep onto the psych though and ask if he has any cancellations then I'll run right there LOL.

I've had to resort to taking a small dose of meds to sleep - otherwise I can't. I've been eating slightly better - I could really do with some advice in that area actually (Lisa, any reccomendations? - I'll ask in your forum) I had a Jacket potatoe and baked beans two days in a row - don't know if that's good or what. I'm sure I should be eating more...

It's so great to be able to discuss this here though, especially with ppl who understand smile I really appreciate it. Glad you had a good day Jilly smile have you found anything that has really helped with stress? I have this impression from ppl that CBT is good, and when I was younger meditation used to help - but my aunt, who would lead the meditation has moved to Florida, and I can't seem to get to that same state of relaxation without her. She's very spiritual in those ways.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Steve, I am finally getting some therapy, and it really does seem to help me with the stress.

How did your psych appt go?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.