logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I don't know why humans have such a need to *own* things. We don't ever really *own* anything because we can't take it with us when we leave this earth life.

But I feel that the entire earth is our home for now so I look at the beach or mountains as my backyard. Wowee, now that's big! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Interesting. I thought the price was a bit steep, though... Presently live in the granny apartment of a solar-remodeled 125 yo farm house. It's about 835SF. Just the two of us plus about 75 boxes of books and papers that we are sifting and discarding. I miss having a dedicated sewing/crafts room, but really, we have way too much stuff now that we are retired and no longer caring for children. Having that extra bedroom for my husband's office space (and most of those boxes are his!) is important for my sanity! Otherwise, I'd be okay with such a small house to clean. Check out Tiny Homes for some really cute tiny spaces.

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
Tiger
Tiger
Cheryll, tell me about your "solar-remodeled" apartment as I want to build a small "solar-energy" cottage. Thanks!

I don't think that's small at all. Alot can be done with any size space, it's all in how you work with what you have :) We are currently in a 715 +/- sq foot mobile home while we wait for ownership of the land so we can build our dream home. Which probably won't be much bigger as we'll need to utilize the land space for livestock.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Right; I live in my Class A 32 foot RV. I really do have plenty of room. The key is less stuff. Always an issue for me, but i am working on it! smile

Jilly #654711 01/08/11 09:53 PM
Jilly do you travel or just have it parked? We lived for a while in a travel trailer while we were waiting for the mobile home to be put in & I still wish we had taken that opportunity to actually travel somewhere. Honestly, this place provides us with plenty of space we just need more storage area. It is a 2br & we only use one, the other one we keep saying we're going to turn into storage it just hasn't gotten done. Right now it just has random junk (half of which could be freecycled) tossed in it, would be really nice/useful to get some shelves & a corner pantry built.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I do both. Right now I am stationary, but anticipate roving this summer. I can't wait!

Do the freecycling and pass your things along. You can make a really nice bonus area from that room, as you said. smile

Jilly #654989 01/09/11 10:50 PM
It's awesome that you get to travel this summer, I'm jealous! We have done some traveling (the throw some clothes in the car & drive until your out of gas,get an odd job to make money & move on kind lol) but now our life is stationary & sometimes that just drives me batty. I actually dug through some of the stuff today & am grouping it to be FC'd, our house is so far out that I try to make it worth the while to pick things up, but it's coming along!

Jilly #655066 01/10/11 12:37 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
My issue would be my books {three giant bookcases now}. Of course now that I have my Kindle, I see that being less and less of a problem LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tina - Living Simply 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.