logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I've been a step mom for almost four years. I've been active in both my stepson's life (my husband and I have custody) for the last six years. (They were four and six, when I started dating their dad.) They go to their mom's house every weekend (during the week she doesn't call). Today is my day off. But my youngest step son (he's 9) has been screaming all day at everyone and now my head throbs. My family thinks he has borderline personalities. One minute he's fine, the next minute he's screaming at the top of his lungs. He's talking back and snapping his "two cents" in when I discipline. He's been putting words in my mouth and thoughts in his own head. A few weeks ago, he told me "I hate you. You're not my mother and you'll never be apart of this family" (regardless that I already am), he's told his own father "I hate you, I wish you'd die at work. Well not really". The think-before-you-speak-button, isn't there with him. Maybe it's his age, maybe it's something more? All I know, is every week is harder on me. Two years ago, I visited a chiropractor for my back (bending at work) only to discover how much pain there is in my neck and shoulders (stress?). Last year, I got an eye infection (in both eyes) only to find out the next day (2nd visit) that I developed an ulcer in my eye. I fear it might be back now. My husband and I are even talking about having a child together. But with the way, my step son has been acting, I'm a little fearful. Just needed to vent... I'm sure I'll be back.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Welcome Katie,

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, I don't. Stepparenting is so so hard. Just sending you best wishes.

Thinking of you, dear friend. It's not easy to be a stepparent ... still travelling down that road too. (((HUGS))) PS: I also had corneal ulcers and they're damn sore!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.