Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The activities and events this year have already cut deeply into my knitting time. I have a reuseable shopping bag ready to take my knitting with me for any spare moments for a couple or rows. I worked on a blue scarf while sitting in the park waiting for fireworks on Saturday, and took another project to a neighbor's party on Sunday.

I always get positive comments and curious glances when I knit in public. I was working on a scarf with double points on Sunday and one of my husband's co-workers said it looked like I was knitting with pick up sticks.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I knit, crochet, and embroider in public. Everyone is pretty accustomed to seeing my hands busy. It's calming for me smile

Gecko
Gecko
I knit in public a lot, my favorite places are: coffee shops, little league and soccer games, professional sporting events, before movies or plays, at restaurants while waiting for a table or food. My kids (19 & 21) are so used to me knitting, if they see my latest "portable project" in the house after I've left, will run it out to me.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
J
Koala
Koala
J
I knit in public and, sara said, everybody is pretty used to me doing it. I like to keep my hands busy while I listen to conversation or whatever.

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Yes, I knit in public. smile My friend and I have been known to practice our crochet in public too. I can't sit and do nothing so I either have a book with me or I sit and knit.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I kip, and when I forget my knitting and see someone else kip, then I always wish I had brought mine. My church has a prayer shawl ministry, so knitting in church and at various meetings is considered a good thing. Also, knitting during public presentations or classes, provided that the presenter is still obviously being paid attention to, is something I do. This is the best time to complete long stretches of 2x2 rib or just flat knitting.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I agree completely, I spent time this summer knitting a few chemo caps, and a premie hat to donate. Mostly, people didn't look at me funny, and of course my family is used to it.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Yes, I have no problem knitting in public - on buses, Starbucks ....

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Me, too. Although, now the kids are gone and I'm retired, and my dear MIL is gone, a lot of my 'knitting time' has evaporated. We quit watching TV several years ago, and just don't seem to have a lot of those waiting moments these days.

Many of the projects that I do are the kind that can be done without looking much, so they are way too boring to just sit and knit, but perfect for waiting rooms, soccer matches or little old lady shopping. frown

One good thing is that I have branched out to learn some new things: like beads! Oh so pretty, but I really have to pay attention to counting and charts. No chatting with those, yet.

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I LOVE knitting, and usually when I'm home I have other things I "need" to get done. So I take my knitting with me, and knit whenever I can.

LOVE LOVE LOVE to knit!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.