Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
thouriver, kerenwaugh, mfboutique, Mrs. Cara, lighthouse
57198 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57198 Members
417 Forums
112996 Topics
800630 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 688
Beetlemess 305
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 177
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 95
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 93
Susan - Meditation Editor 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#609452 - 07/05/10 11:02 PM Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?"
Julie - Computer Careers Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
As near as I can tell, "Failing to plan is planning to fail." is a modern restating of one of Benjamin Franklin's quotes "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Winston Churchill also said something similar, "He who fails to plan is planning to fail." Does anyone have a reference as to who the first person to put it "Failing to plan is planning to fail." was?

Julie

Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Twitter Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Facebook Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to MySpace Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Del.icio.us Digg Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Yahoo My Web Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Google Bookmarks Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Stumbleupon Add Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Reddit
#610285 - 07/11/10 07:23 AM Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Apparently a number of coaches have said that, but I imagine they all took it from the Churchill quote, who probably took it from Franklin smile

Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Twitter Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Facebook Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to MySpace Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Reddit
#610384 - 07/12/10 06:20 AM Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Julie - Computer Careers Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
I'm guessing that there is one person who said it that way and people copied him or her. I use that quote fairly often and I'd like to be able to attribute the person who worded it that way originally. I find it particularly useful (in that form) for starting discussions about planning and failure - although of course, since it's a paraphrasing of Ben Franklin, it's always safe to attribute him!

Julie

Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Twitter Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Facebook Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to MySpace Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" to Reddit
#610623 - 07/13/10 08:24 PM Re: Who said "Failing to plan is planning to fail?" [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: United Kingdom, South England
I do agree, I think it is a paraphrasing of Ben Franklin but it is a very useful and used quotes and therefore many other people have used an adapted version!

-Amy

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
zombie hunt charity need ideas
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
21 minutes 33 seconds ago
Recipes using tea
by mary-tea1
Tea
Today at 04:58 PM
Tidbits on Tea
by mary-tea1
Tea
Today at 04:22 PM
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by David Esquivia
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 03:41 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
Today at 03:01 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 03:00 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
Today at 02:59 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 02:56 PM
New Reviews of Male-Female Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
Today at 12:59 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 12:33 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.