Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I was commenting to Bob yesterday that we don't seem to go out and do fun things much any more. I've been so incredibly swamped with work and classwork that he goes and plays golf alone, he goes and has band practice alone, but we rarely do anything together. Even when we go to sword class it's more that he takes his lesson, then I take my lesson. Sure it's a 3 hour drive round trip so that's a lot of "talking time" which is good - but I want to DO things - ride bikes, go for walks, etc.

Do you schedule in active time for you and your family?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
My husband and I had this conversation about 2 weeks ago. I said, we're pretty much by eachother's side whenever we're not working, me online, he at the restaurant, but we're forgetting to do things outside of the "box."

I came in one night around 11:30 pm just to see him for the heck of it. He didn't know I was coming. He said, everyone commented that it was so nice a wife would come by, just for the heck of it. He said he told them it was "Date Night."

Later, I walked him home, I asked, what was date night? He said, it's a time that people make in a schedule to do something with eachother. I said, why don't people just recognize they need to spice things up a bit and do something idfferent? HE said, it's not that easy. You get caught up in routine and deadlines and pretty soon, home is just where you go to sleep or have a glass of wine and get away from the world.

I giggled and siad, o.k. how bout if we travel the world together to get away from this one? He said, What do you have in mind? I said, each week lets plan a meal from a different country. I'll shop for the ingredients, but we can cook it together, play some music from that country and try a drink or wine from that country and learn all there is to leanr. Maybe we'll learn one social sentence a meal? So, that's what we ended up doing. I love mexican night smile!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Since leaving my 9 to 5 job, I had gotten away from scheduling personal time. I did not think it was needed since I no longer had a *scheduled* schedule. I am not sure what happened but time became tighter instead of the other way around, and my friend and I had less time together. Also, I no longer saw my friends as often.

This year I made an effort to put friends and family on the same calendar I use for business. It has helped and I look forward to it. The bonus is that I now have two-once a month breakfast or lunch dates with old friends. We really do have to take time and make time for family and friends smile

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.