logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
If you read a lot you've probably already read my favourite 'pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. Not sure just how many times I've read it but I never tire of it..simply beautiful story , fantastically written :)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I'm a cronic reader! I usually read 2 books at once and read just about anything in just about any genre, although I tend to read more horror/suspense novels. What type of fiction do you like? I suggested my absolute favorite; 'Lost Souls' by Poppy Z. Brite. This is a horror novel about vampires in New Orleans. I enjoyed it so much because of the 'old school' flavor of the mythical vampire that the author portrays. My second favorite book is actually a teen story called 'Stranger With My Face' by Lois Duncan. Its about a young woman who finds out from her twin that she was adopted, but in an unconventional way. I read popular authors like Stephen King (my fave is 'In The Eye of the Dragon'), Dean Koontz, and Ann Rice to hardly known writers like Karen Hall ('Dark Debts' is a great book!) Poppy Z. Brite and Diane Setterfield. Good luck with finding a great series or individual book to read, because once you start you need to read more!!

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: BellaDeb
What's your favorite literary fiction book and why is it so fabulous?

I don't have a favorite book, but one of my recent reads, which I would recommend, is S. J. Watson's debut novel, Before I Go to Sleep. It's a page-turner that kept me up most of the night and was worth the negligible sleep deficit smile

Gecko
Gecko
My favorite literary fiction would be Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. It's romantic but also has an element of suspense in it. I couldn't keep it and finished it in one go. smile

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
Pride and Prejudice. Wuthering Heights. The Anne series.

K
K
I just finished The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. It is amazing! It is a historical-fiction type story about Jews fighting the Roman armies in 70 CE. It is based on true accounts from that time and covers the lives of the women. It is well written with strong characters. I wasn't sure if I would like it, because I don't like several of her other books. But was pleasantly surprised. Definitely recommend this!

Gecko
Gecko
Love books by Gena Showalter too. The ones I'm currently reading have fantasy/supernatural themes.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
K
K
Destiny by Laura Deluca. If you like books about magic you'll like this one! And for a chance to win a free signed copy, go to:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.