Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56586 Members
417 Forums
111495 Topics
786332 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 156
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 111
James Andrew 109
Lestie4containergardens 70
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#605797 - 06/19/10 05:40 AM Christmas Stamp Collection
dcmerkle Offline

Loc: Towson, Md
Hello Everyone, As a long ago collector of stamps who is now returning to the hobby, I am seriously starting from scratch. I was lucky enough for someone to have given me an old stamp collection that is all World Wide and is spread out between 4 large binders. One of the binders of stamps that I got was of U.S. Christmas stamps, all mint. The album is entitled "Christmas Stamps of the United States Collectors Panels" The stamps I have are from the very first one in 1962 and through 1977 and then picks up in 1985 through 1987. The album was put out by the Postal Commemorative Service. Does anyone know anything about this collection? Is there anywhere I can get the years that I seem to be missing? Are they even still being published. I really had no intentions of collecting U.S. stamps, but I think that this collection is worth working on. DCMerkle

Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Twitter Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Facebook Add Christmas Stamp Collection to MySpace Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Del.icio.us Digg Christmas Stamp Collection Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Yahoo My Web Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Google Bookmarks Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Stumbleupon Add Christmas Stamp Collection to Reddit
#605847 - 06/19/10 02:53 PM Re: Christmas Stamp Collection [Re: dcmerkle]
bama03 Offline

Here is a link you can cut and paste that might help. www.collectiblestampsgallery.com/U.S._Christmas_on_Stamps.asp It is to "The Collectible Stamp Gallery" even though the initial link says Foreign Christmas Stamps, it still has American US Christmas Stamps. Just in case the link I am posting does not take you directly to the right section of the website, here is the path I followed to find the US Christmas stamps. It doesn't look like they have them listed in chronological order so you may have to scroll through each page under the US Christmas Stamps section to find the years you are looking for. Anyway, here is the "Path" I took to find the link. I "Googled" U.S. Christmas stamps 1978 - 1984 Then clicked on Christmas on Foreign Postage Stamps. Online Sales. In the left side margin scroll down to the STAMPS section. Under Christmas, click on United States. There are several other good websites to check out if you don't find all of the ones you are looking for. They are listed after "Christmas on Foreign Postage Stamps. Online Sales" on the initial Google page where I Googled "U.S. Christmas stamps 1978 - 1984" Here are a few of them. www.stampscatalogue.net/2008/11/us-stamps-1978.html www.thefind.com/gifts/info-christmas-mnh-stamps www.whitmanbooks.com/default.aspx?page=80...53 Here is one from the UK uk.ebid.net/.../1970-us-christmas-stamp-nativity-6-cents-1414-mnh-18155699.htm Also, if you Google the individual years of the specific stamps you are looking for and find what you want. Like "1978 United States Christmas stamp" or something like that. Hope this all helps. Have fun.

Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Twitter Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Facebook Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to MySpace Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas Stamp Collection Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Reddit
#623196 - 09/02/10 01:56 AM Re: Christmas Stamp Collection [Re: bama03]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

DC -

I too collect Christmas stamps, you can see images of the stamps here -

Christmas Stamp Photos

It's easy enough to get stamps on ebay, that is usually the cheapest option!

Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Twitter Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Facebook Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to MySpace Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Christmas Stamp Collection Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Stumbleupon Add Re: Christmas Stamp Collection to Reddit

Moderator:  Gary - Stamps 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
16 minutes 55 seconds ago
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by kiwistech
Cosmetics
Today at 02:09 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
Today at 01:37 AM
Yoga Relieves Back Pain
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
William Shakespeare or Wilhelm Shakespeare?
by Deb - Animal Life
German Culture
Yesterday at 10:30 PM
Weathering the Rejection Letter
by Corlia - Unemployment Editor
Unemployment
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Deb - Animal Life), 74 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.