logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Prayer Request from Chief Looking Horse

Thought I would share this, as it is important to all of us, regardless of where in the world we may live. The aftermath of this spill will affect us all.

Gulf Coast Oil Spill � Sioux Prayer Request � A letter from Chief Arvol Looking Horse (Present Chief and Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe of the Lakota, Dakota, Nakota Nation of the Sioux)
Gulf Coast Oil Spill - Sioux Prayer Request

Gulf Coast Oil Spill - Sioux Prayer Request

****** A Great Urgency ****** To All World Religious and Spiritual Leaders ******

My Relatives,
Time has come to speak to the hearts of our Nations and their Leaders. I ask you this from the bottom of my heart, to come together from the Spirit of your Nations in prayer.

We, from the heart of Turtle Island, have a great message for the World; we are guided to speak from all the White Animals showing their sacred color, which have been signs for us to pray for the sacred life of all things. As I am sending this message to you, many Animal Nations are being threatened, those that swim, those that crawl, those that fly, and the plant Nations, eventually all will be affect from the oil disaster in the Gulf.

The dangers we are faced with at this time are not of spirit. The catastrophe that has happened with the oil spill which looks like the bleeding of Grandmother Earth, is made by human mistakes, mistakes that we cannot afford to continue to make.

I asked, as Spiritual Leaders, that we join together, united in prayer with the whole of our Global Communities. My concern is these serious issues will continue to worsen, as a domino effect that our Ancestors have warned us of in their Prophecies.

I know in my heart there are millions of people that feel our united prayers for the sake of our Grandmother Earth are long overdue. I believe we as Spiritual people must gather ourselves and focus our thoughts and prayers to allow the healing of the many wounds that have been inflicted on the Earth. As we honor the Cycle of Life, let us call for Prayer circles globally to assist in healing Grandmother Earth (our Unc�I Maka).

We ask for prayers that the oil spill, this bleeding, will stop. That the winds stay calm to assist in the work. Pray for the people to be guided in repairing this mistake, and that we may also seek to live in harmony, as we make the choice to change the destructive path we are on.

As we pray, we will fully understand that we are all connected. And that what we create can have lasting effects on all life.

So let us unite spiritually, All Nations, All Faiths, One Prayer. Along with this immediate effort, I also ask to please remember June 21st, World Peace and Prayer Day/Honoring Sacred Sites day. Whether it is a natural site, a temple, a church, a synagogue or just your own sacred space, let us make a prayer for all life, for good decision making by our Nations, for our children�s future and well-being, and the generations to come.

Onipikte (that we shall live),
Chief Arvol Looking Horse
19th generation Keeper of the Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
thank you and I am praying for an end to this and that less of the Earth and its wonderous nature and wildlife no longer be endangered.

My heart is heavy and I am hoping that a solution will happen soon!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Thank you, Wendy, for sharing this with us. I join with all in prayer to help us and Mother Earth through this catastrophe.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Wendy,

I sent out a special edition newsletter with the prayer request that you shared with us. I urge everyone to pass on the letter from Chief Arvol Looking Horse to as many people as you can.

Thanks again for you thoughtfulness.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
C
Ho.... The call to bring healing to these wounds in a peaceful way is strong.

Thank you for carrying and sharing the prayer.

Cathi

Last edited by BellaOnline; 06/16/10 05:55 PM.
You are most welcome, Cathi. Wendy, like many other members here, is very aware of the need to heal Mother Earth. It was very thoughtful of her to share this prayer request with us.

Thank you for visiting our forum. You are welcome here and I hope you come back often.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 06/13/10 11:11 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Gecko
Gecko
Phyllis, the help I am seeking seems to be coming from you and your site. The Tibetan Singing Bowl link is the first step in helping my friends. (The three of them are in a band and play a lot of spiritual music) The beautiful prayer request post by Wendy Tall One is the second step. (The four of us are all part Creek or Cherokee) I feel these initial steps will have the positive effect needed. I still want to put some crystals in their homes and plant seeds in their yards, working on that. June 21 here in NW Fla will be a very special day for Mother Earth, as each day should be. Thank you Phyllis, and Thank you Wendy smile

Firefly, you are as welcome as Daffodils in Spring! Thank you for posting such a spirit lifting message. I am happy we have helped you.

Please keep us posted about your endeavors. I have great interest in such efforts as yours. I will start a new thread titled "June 21 Prayer Day for Mother Earth" and you can keep us posted on how it goes in your circle. Also, if you could start a new post on how your efforts are helping your friends I would love to read updates. Those Tibetan Singing Bowls are wonderful!

When we all come together on June 21 it will be a blessed day to send all our prayer requests to Creator for the healing of Mother Earth.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 06/14/10 04:13 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Gecko
Gecko
I will certainly keep you all posted! The Sioux prayer is first on the list, we will gather on Sunday and start setting the mood for Monday, when I will turn them on to the Tibetan Singing Bowls. We will be in the forest, a very peaceful place with spring fed creeks that come out of holes in the ground and huge rattlesnakes... smile

Sounds peaceful - but watch those rattlesnakes. Do not make any sudden moves. Hopefully the rattlesnakes will like the Tibetan Singing Bowls enough to relax and not bother you and your friends.

Phyllis Doyle Burns

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.