logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#604170 06/09/10 12:08 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Some believe that the drum is the heartbeat of Mother Earth. When you hear the beat of a drum at a powwow or other ceremony, how does it make you feel?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
The drum seems to incorporate all of my pressure points or chakras. So, I'll feel it in my throat, abdomen, temples, feet and it brings centeredness.

When I lived in the country there was a low huming noise. It's hard to put sound into words, but it would sound like hummmm..EEhum..hum..EEhum.

sometimes it drove me nuts, so I shut the fuse box off, the well outside, the box to the barn electricity and the property street light to see if it was any of those things. It was deathly quiet all around. I went to the upstairs bedroom because the sound was especially loud in one of the closets up there and it was still making the same repeticious beat or humming.

It had me wondering if that wasn't in fact the sound of the Earth or at least that portion of it? I could very easily see that sound simulated with a drum beat.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 06/09/10 06:31 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The Drum beat is a natural tranquilizer for me. All the stress melts away and at times it feels like it's just me and the drum. Perhaps a good word is Centering, or maybe Connecting, as it's simultaneously Singular and Communal. It's hard for me to articulate the unique feeling. It is felt so deep within and throughout. If it's possible for us to feel something so encompassing, as to be experienced at a cellular level, it might be the Drum.

There is an artist who frequents the little Pow-Wow we attend. He uses white paper and a black pen. His exquisite artwork is created with dots, each one to a beat of the Drum.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
It gives me a sense of home...even at my very first Pow Wow, my first time hearing the drums up close and personal, it felt like home. It was in the middle of July and at least 80 plus degrees and I had goose bumps from head to toe. The person who had brought me said to me "Looks like you were due for a pow wow"

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

OP Offline
That is a heartfelt way of describing the power of the drum, Wendy.

I love that story where the Drum came forward when Creator was assigning important responsibilities to all Creation. Creator asked Drum, "What can you do for the world?" Drum said, "I can send the voice of the people to you and can be the heartbeat of Mother Earth."

You made me realize that I feel like I also get a sense of home when I hear the Drum and feel the vibrations. It seems to center me and puts all in balance.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.