#601683 05/23/10 03:50 PM
OP Offline

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi there Kerry!
Thanks so much for posting your "story". Your life sounds utterly fascinating and filled with adventures in nature! You should write a book about your adventures...:0)
This is a perfect place to share your experiences with everyone. A question I had for you is what types of classes/sports do your children do when in town with you? :0)

My experience is rather hectic compared to yours...I homeschool my ten year old son here in sunny Florida. I have been fortunate to be a stay at home /homeschool~ at home mom since he was born, so I have not experienced any full time work in the past decade or so. However, I did get my cetification to become a nationally certified pharmacy technician (CPhT), which I have enjoyed doing on and off for a few years, albeit very part time. My pre mothering days had me working full time as a certified teacher, 2nd,3rd and fifth grade. With that being said, I think having a degree in education really helps with homeschooling, for me.

The great opportunity about homeschooling is that it accomodates so many people, and children can learn at their own pace. My son did attend two years of Montessori school for Kindergarten and first grade. He loves homeschooling and for now we are happy! :0) I like that you offered your children the option of going to school, as what is right one year may not be right the next year. I plan to homeschool my son through high school, and he enjoys several outside classes now. This fall he will take Spanish, Chinese, Life Science, Architecture, Music Appreciation, Art Across America, Elements of Art, Personal Finance, World Cultures/Sociology of Cultures, and Speech and Debate. I am a bit concerned because he will have just turned 11 when classes start, but he seems excited and ready for unique challenges. The classes he takes are held at an Enrichment Center and some are through a homeschool co-op. I am teaching a few of them, so it will be a hands on experience for both of us!

I am glad you shared a bit about your homeschool life- how about everyone else out there? What is your homeschool life like? :0)

AlissaMoy
BellaOnline

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.