Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman, azirajewels, Chrissy Brady-Smith
57462 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57463 Members
417 Forums
113599 Topics
806725 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 224
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 56
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 40
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#602084 - 05/26/10 03:14 PM Which baby names do you like best?
mommy2be102110 Offline

Ok I am going to find out what I am having in a little less than a week. My husband and I have narrowed it down to 2 boy names and 2 girl names but we can't decide which ones we like best. We decided that if it was a little boy we would name it after his dad and if it was a little girl we would name it after mine, who passed away 2 years ago from cancer. So I decided to put them on here and see what you all thought about them. Boy *Steven Noah (Steven is his dad's first name and my husband's first name and I have always liked the name Noah)(We would call him Noah) *Brayden Wayne (Wayne is his dad's middle name) Girl *Ashlynn Rene (Lynn is my dad's middle name and mine too and then Rene is my mom's middle name)(My husband likes this one better) *Brooklynn Rene (Lynn for my dad and I and Rene for my mom)(I like this one better and we can call her Brooke) So let me know what you think.

Edited by mommy2be102110 (05/26/10 03:15 PM)

Add Which baby names do you like best? to Twitter Add Which baby names do you like best? to Facebook Add Which baby names do you like best? to MySpace Add Which baby names do you like best? to Del.icio.us Digg Which baby names do you like best? Add Which baby names do you like best? to Yahoo My Web Add Which baby names do you like best? to Google Bookmarks Add Which baby names do you like best? to Stumbleupon Add Which baby names do you like best? to Reddit
#602141 - 05/26/10 05:16 PM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: mommy2be102110]
sarahredhawk5 Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Niagara Falls,NY USA
I think that that is so nice you are going to name your children after their grandparents. Also I think they are lovely name. Don't let anyone talk you out of it, not only is it a beautiful gesture but they are also lovely names.

Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Twitter Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Facebook Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to MySpace Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Which baby names do you like best? Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Reddit
#602342 - 05/27/10 03:06 PM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: sarahredhawk5]
Nancy - Baby Names Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I agree with Sarah -- I love that you want to honor your parents.

Out of all four name combos, my favorite is Steven Noah. I really like both of those names. I would be concerned about two things, though.

First, the N of Steven and the N of Noah will make the names blend together (Stevenoah) when you say the full name aloud. Not such a big deal, but it's the sort of thing that might bother some parents.

Second, males with the same first and last names living at the same address are likely to see things get mixed up a lot. Sometimes it's just correspondence, but other times it's important stuff like bank records and medical records.

For those reasons, and because he'd be known as Noah anyway, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be simpler to flip the name around and make it Noah Steven.

Edited by Nancy Man (05/27/10 03:19 PM)

Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Twitter Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Facebook Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to MySpace Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Which baby names do you like best? Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Which baby names do you like best? to Reddit
#602434 - 05/28/10 09:05 AM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: Nancy - Baby Names Editor]
BelleWilliams Offline
Amoeba

[quote=Nancy Man]For those reasons, and because he'd be known as Noah anyway, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be simpler to flip the name around and make it Noah Steven. [/quote] I agree with Nancy. And I really like Noah Steven. Of all the names I prefer Ashlynn Rene though, I think it sounds wonderful!

#602449 - 05/28/10 11:42 AM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: BelleWilliams]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
What would be the problem with naming your child (boy or girl) after both fathers?

You didn't say what your father's first name is so I can't tell how they would sound together. I'll use the middle name you did supply, but the first name would be more in line with what I've suggested.

Steven Lynn?

or

Stephanie Lynn?

I would also make the suggestion that you name you child what you intend to call that child. It becomes much too confusing in life to have two names.

GrannyH

#602462 - 05/28/10 02:28 PM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: GrannyH]
mommy2be102110 Offline

Well I have thought about putting both names in the baby's name but these were just the names we liked the best. but I'll talk with my husband about those ideas too. Thanks.

#602738 - 05/31/10 09:46 AM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: mommy2be102110]
Darren4545 Offline

I think Brayden Wayne is pretty good.

#605591 - 06/17/10 11:13 PM Re: Which baby names do you like best? [Re: Darren4545]
mommy2be102110 Offline

Well thank you all for your comments and suggestions but we found out we're having a little girl and we agreed on Brooklynn Rene and we're just going to call her Brooklynn.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Warm and Cozy Holiday Muffins
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Today at 06:50 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 05:58 PM
Classic Art - Redone
Painting
Today at 03:59 PM
Goya / Wyeth Exhibit
by Art Appreciation
Art Appreciation
Today at 01:47 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Mona - Astronomy
Drama Movies
Today at 01:46 PM
Christmas Paintings
Painting
Today at 12:06 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 11:50 AM
Is Obesity a Disability?
Low Carb
Today at 11:45 AM
Review of Boston Children's Museum
by Mona - Astronomy
Family Travel
Today at 11:40 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 10:03 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.