logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#601436 05/20/10 07:00 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Has anyone had any experience with this item? It claims to keep the nails filed like with an emery board. I'm wondering if it really works.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
WalkingGranny #601441 05/20/10 07:50 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
I got two of these as a gift and I have to say it is probably the worst idea for a cat product I have ever experienced. First the emery stuff is very fine glass-like sand and it is EVERYWHERE! All over the box, the bag, on your hands, and it does not wipe off without effort. Like beach sand it is all over everything and there is no way anyone can tell me this is safe for the cats to lick off their paws or breathe in! And the plastic bridge-thingy that the cardboard fits into is the flimsiest material I ever saw---it is just like the plastic trays that you get in a box of chocolates! It came with a box of catnip to put on the emery cardboard--so the cat can LICK it off????--and it says right on the box of catnip--do not allow the cat to eat it! My sister ended up paying like $50 for this on the TV offer before it was available in the stores--they just kept adding on expenses to the $19.95 it was advertized at. It is not worth $5 and in my honest opinion it is very dangerous. Even if this stuff is real "emery"--how safe is it for a cat to ingest ground up industrial rubies and sapphires? (but I think it must be some kind of silica or glass sand.) And there is no way it files down the cats nails--the cats tear into the cardboard and destroy it in minutes (atleast mine do with the cardboard things that don't have the emery on them.)
If you ever worry about litter dust making your cat ill, there is no way this emery stuff is any safer! (And I gave it a similar review on the website too--no reply yet.)

Ravyn Guiliani

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #601442 05/20/10 07:51 PM
L
Shark
Shark
L
PS: can you imagine if this stuff got in your cat's eyes?
RavynG

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
LadyLvsNyt #601669 05/23/10 12:39 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I bought one for Asia, He sits on top of it and does nothing at all but rolls around on it rubbing against it because it's coated with cat nip smile
Which i paid 19.95 not including shipping & handling
I got him another kind from a pet store that in a slanted box and its made from 100% re manufactured material its weaved
He loves it and it leaves no mess, also is coated with cat nip
And nothing to hurt Asia in any way
Its called Cosmic Catnip Alpine Scratcher
You can view it at
www.CosmicPet.com

Last edited by skyhaven; 05/23/10 12:41 PM.

Rosie L
"Rosie" #601760 05/24/10 01:41 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks for the information. That's one product I won't attempt to buy. I'm getting a new cat tree for my guys. The owner of the grooming salon where I have their nails clipped has a brother who makes these awesome cat trees...very sturdy and lots of sitting places. There is sisal to claw on as well as tree supports to climb. I've been paying a little out of each pay until I've got it paid for. When I get it I'll post a picture. 3 more pays and I should have it done. It's not all that much, but too much to pay for all at once.

Granny
WalkingGranny #601761 05/24/10 01:42 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Rosie, I have a scratcher tht is a circle with a ball that flashes with light when it moves...and a circular honeycombed scratcher in the middle...my Simba and Rocky just love it.

Granny
WalkingGranny #601766 05/24/10 02:31 PM
Granny, Can't wait to see Simba & Rocky's cat tree

Rosie L

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.