Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#600875 05/17/10 04:56 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
What sparks your creative passions?
What mediums do you create with?

Just curious how each of you expresses your creativity...

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

Upcycling stained glass that survived a fire, was hand collected from the ashes, tumbled, cleaned and turned into beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.
Fire Phoenix Glass Creations

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I create by writing and recently have been writing poems. I find these especially soothing to the soul. I also knit and do cross stitch. I have been knitting since I was approximately 12. I am now in my 50's. Without these creative outlets I would find life quite boring

Sarah Redhawk
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thanks for sharing, Sarah!
Ah, cross stitch! I love to do it, but find with little ones running around the house it can become quite frustrating to concentrate long enough to make a few stitches, lol
I've only tried to knit a few times and just never got the hang of it. I have enjoyed crocheting in the past - might need to get the hooks and yarn out again sometime soon smile

I seem to always have several projects going on at once. Right now there are several types of fabric all cut and ready to be sewn into a new skirt, rose petal beads sticking all directions out of one of my pin cushions and a stamped cross stitch baby blanket I had hoped to finish before my son was born. The "baby" is 7 months old now, so hopefully I can get it done before he's old enough to know it wasn't done before his birth.

I completely agree that life would be boring without being able to create!

Anyone else like to share???

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

Upcycling stained glass that survived a fire, was hand collected from the ashes, tumbled, cleaned and turned into beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed
What sparks your creative passions? What mediums do you create with?...
A few years ago I met a lady who was fed up with her garden flowers dying off every winter. She bought 200 plastic flowers from a Craft shop and stuck them into all her beds amongst her evergreen plants. It totally transformed her garden - for 365 days of the year! (JOY)

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
That's funny! I bet she was the talk of the neighborhood in the middle of winter.

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

M
M
I find just working with,or just being around a large group of people get my Srory Writing into high gear.I can be watching two people chat,...and I'll notice an eye-brow movement,or,body-language,and then I have to go sit down and start writing. I have a big white Binder packed full of short stories,"FAKE-ADS" and a "WHAT-IF?",file,about what it'd be like if someone like- Maggy Thatcher,or Bill Gates had become someone else,and not who they are today. I find so many story "Triggers",in an average day,that I've signed up for a Beginner Cartooning Course in FEB.2012.,because I see so many "Cartoons",that could be drawn every day,I just had to. Merry Christmas, mymindseye

Tiger
Tiger
Hi mymindseye:

Thanks for sharing with us and please keep us posted on how all these awesome projects and ideas of yours work out.

Sounds like you are indeed a creative person!!!!

Parakeet
Parakeet
I write songs and record female singers in Nashville. I produced a CD called GOD GIVEN TALENT which is on the home page at my site.

A
A
i wrote for my blog and do something which make me perfect in my profession

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Decorating projects around my home is one of my all-consuming passions. wink I've been making mosaics for many years. I especially love transforming vintage furniture with paint and mosaic. I'm very inspired by color, pattern & texture. I've recently started teaching myself how to play the piano and am learning German with Rosetta Stone. These have been on my bucket list for a long time, so am very happy to finally take the plunge! Over the past 2 years I've taken online courses about building a creative business and building an authentic blog. I love the creative process of writing out my thoughts and ideas. I'm always jotting them down in various notebooks and on scraps of paper - I even have a post-it program on my computer where I have dozens upon dozens of ideas posted on my computer screen - overall, I'm afraid I'm not very organized about it! I'd love to write a book someday. Right now I'm taking an online art course and some interior design courses. One of my goals this year is to expose myself to various styles of artistic mediums that I've never tried before. I am a bit of a night owl and honestly those are some of my most creative hours when I get my best ideas. Visiting art shows or looking at creative books & blogs spark my passion all the time. Reading about what others do also inspires me very much!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.