#596451 04/19/10 01:10 PM
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Dear friends, I have signed a book contract with a publishing company to write a book about interventions. I need help because this book is a compilation of stories about addicts and how they get into recovery. I am looking for stories from addicts but also from the family/friend or interventionist who were instrumental in their journey. I want stories of any addiction: alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, food, etc.

The publishers want the book to be one of hope and solutions for famiy/friends who have an addicted loved one so that they may have some understanding and guidance. If you are a recovering addict or a person who has been instrumental to a recovery addict, I would love to hear from you. All people are anonymous. If you know someone who could be of help to me in this area, please give them this information.

If you think your "story" is not exciting enough or book worthy, you are probably wrong. I'm looking for real stories that people can relate to. I have a deadline on this manuscript and so I am anxious to have most of my material by August, 2010. If you are interested in more information or know someone who might be, please answer to this forum or email me from the 12 Step Recovery page on BellaOnline. You don't have to be a writer. That's my job. All I'm asking is that you share your stories with me. It is not only a help to me but a great service to those out there who might need to hear what you have to say. Thank you all.

Blessings,
Kathy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Kathy - 12 Step Recovery
...I am looking for stories from addicts but also from the family/friend or interventionist who were instrumental in their journey.

Hi Kathy, I have just reviewed a true story written by a mother about her son's addiction. It is her journey of self development and personal growth from hopelessness and despair, to peace and serenity. Perhaps this may be of interest:

SWEAT - Book Review

(JOY)

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Thanks Joy. I get quite a few books to review although I had not read the one you mentioned. Unfortunately, other books will not help me in writing my own. I have to solicit true stories on my own. And, in all honesty, other recovery writers and professionals have not exactly been right up front with any help I've asked for. Odd to me that folks who should be open to spreaking the message are uncomfortable doing so w/o payment. Oh well, God will provide! But thanks and if you do know someone in recovery, send them my way!

Kathy

G
G

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Rawlin,

I would love your help. I would like to give you more information. I do not get email addresses when you post to a forum so would you email me at

Thanks so much.

Blessings, Kathy

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 01/07/12 02:59 PM.
K
K
My name is Kay and i'm in recovery, was a drug addict for 38 years and now have been clean & sober for 13 months. My life today is amazing. Never could had imagine it to be this great and blessed. would love to share my story with you in hopes that it may offer some peace to other's still in their addiction.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Kay,

I would be thrilled to have your story. I am also in Arizona although I know that doesn't mean we are in the same area. I cannot email you because I don't get emails thru this forum. Would you email me please at gratefulrecovery@gmail.com. I would appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,
Kathy

K
K
Hi Kathy I recieved your reply. I will email you this morning, look forward to talking with you.

A
A
I think that what God means when He says, all things work together for good to those who love God to those who are the called according to His purpose. He makes good of all the evil in this world. He is Good!

Hi there. I have almost 1 1/2 yrs sober and have thought about writing a book on my story too! But, I am not a writer by any means.
I won't tell my story here but if you still require stories and think you can find a way of helping me share mine, then feel free to email me. I am a Canadian though!! Lol.
So much for anonymity!

Last edited by Jeanne Egbosiuba Ukwendu; 01/07/12 03:00 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.