logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#597501 04/28/10 03:35 AM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Old folks should not run around barefoot - it is dangerous! Let me tell you my little story when I was pretending to be a Banshee.

During the night a wind storm hit us hard and the power went out early this morning. I usually get up early, before the sun, fix my coffee and sit out on the patio to watch the sun rise.

Well - since the power was out, I could not fix my coffee because I was not prepared with my candles and little "camp stove set up" that I make up with a large pot to put the candle in, a cookie rack to sit over the pot, and a smaller pot of water on the rack. It takes longer, but eventually the water does get hot enough to make a cup of instant coffee.

So - since I could not have my coffee I decided to go out and enjoy the last efforts of the storm without my usual cup of java. I love storms with a passion! Feeling all giddy and girlish, I grabbed my can of cashews and some juice, wrapped up in a blanket and sat on the patio munching cashews. I was still barefoot, like the child I used to be when sneaking around in the early morning looking for treats in the pantry before my folks got up.

The wind was howling like a Banshee and I was all excited! - cuddling up in my blankey and enjoying the sound of the wind, shivering with a little fear that a real Banshee might be out there, eek while munching on cashews instead of a good breakfast. Kind of like doing something you are not suposed to do - you know?

Then, taking a cue from my very imaginative childhood, I started imagining I was the Banshee and the howling wind was my voice and my blankey was my cape....so fun to imagine! Takes your mind off more serious matters. I floated around in my mind for several minutes.

Anyway - when I got up to come back inside, my heel stepped on a cashew that had escaped my little hand - it hurt! I quickly pulled my foot up, lost my balance, smacked my knee into the patio wall and immediately knew I had aggravated my knee cap. Since I have osteo-arthritis in both knees, any little mishap like this will start a round of pain and swelling that needs a lot of attention. This incident quickly brought me out of my giddy reverie and slapped me back to reality in a very rude manner!

Therefore - I spent the rest of the morning in bed with my hot/cold packs, aspirin, liniment for my knee, a book (which I could not read by the dim light from my window since the power was still out), and chagrin stemming from the knowledge that I was not a little child who could run around barefoot eating cashews while pretending to be a Banshee. I eventually fell asleep and dreamed about Banshees pelting my knee with cashews.

Later - after managing to limp to the kitchen and fix some lunch since the power was back on, I sat at the table and had a wholesome lunch of split-pea soup (which I had made the night before when I was being a sensible woman) with toast and typing out this little warning to other old folks.

Moral of story: Old folks should not go barefoot. Or at least not drop any cashews when playing pretend. cry

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
Hopefully this won't stop you from getting up to dance in the wind - maybe just do do in some good supportive hiking shoes LOL.

Hope your knee is feeling better.

Last edited by Susan - Horses/Animals; 04/28/10 12:03 PM.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
OP Offline
Thanks, Susan. My knee is a little better today. I will not be dancing today, gotta wait till the swelling goes down...unless I hear my favorite music, Ghost Dance by Power Drums, I will not be doing much of anything. I cannot help but get up and dance when I hear that music!

Dancing with the wind is so exhilerating and uninhibited. We all need to dance once in awhile.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Great story!

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Young Banshees can run around barefoot. Senior Banshees must be very, very careful. smile
Hope your knee heals quickly.

E
E
Totally agree. Seniors need proper footwear so they do not slip and fall. My mom recently took a fall, but she is ok.

Last edited by EllenG; 07/01/10 01:51 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Please don't be offended but.. I know it had to mega hurt but the visual got me snickering. It's totally something I would do and I LOVE cashews. We'll have to get you some Banshee shoes wink And I love your innovative way of making hot water. I'll remember that the next time the power goes out.
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, Native American
Old folks should not run around barefoot - it is dangerous! Let me tell you my little story when I was pretending to be a Banshee.

During the night a wind storm hit us hard and the power went out early this morning. I usually get up early, before the sun, fix my coffee and sit out on the patio to watch the sun rise.

Well - since the power was out, I could not fix my coffee because I was not prepared with my candles and little "camp stove set up" that I make up with a large pot to put the candle in, a cookie rack to sit over the pot, and a smaller pot of water on the rack. It takes longer, but eventually the water does get hot enough to make a cup of instant coffee.

So - since I could not have my coffee I decided to go out and enjoy the last efforts of the storm without my usual cup of java. I love storms with a passion! Feeling all giddy and girlish, I grabbed my can of cashews and some juice, wrapped up in a blanket and sat on the patio munching cashews. I was still barefoot, like the child I used to be when sneaking around in the early morning looking for treats in the pantry before my folks got up.

The wind was howling like a Banshee and I was all excited! - cuddling up in my blankey and enjoying the sound of the wind, shivering with a little fear that a real Banshee might be out there, eek while munching on cashews instead of a good breakfast. Kind of like doing something you are not suposed to do - you know?

Then, taking a cue from my very imaginative childhood, I started imagining I was the Banshee and the howling wind was my voice and my blankey was my cape....so fun to imagine! Takes your mind off more serious matters. I floated around in my mind for several minutes.

Anyway - when I got up to come back inside, my heel stepped on a cashew that had escaped my little hand - it hurt! I quickly pulled my foot up, lost my balance, smacked my knee into the patio wall and immediately knew I had aggravated my knee cap. Since I have osteo-arthritis in both knees, any little mishap like this will start a round of pain and swelling that needs a lot of attention. This incident quickly brought me out of my giddy reverie and slapped me back to reality in a very rude manner!

Therefore - I spent the rest of the morning in bed with my hot/cold packs, aspirin, liniment for my knee, a book (which I could not read by the dim light from my window since the power was still out), and chagrin stemming from the knowledge that I was not a little child who could run around barefoot eating cashews while pretending to be a Banshee. I eventually fell asleep and dreamed about Banshees pelting my knee with cashews.

Later - after managing to limp to the kitchen and fix some lunch since the power was back on, I sat at the table and had a wholesome lunch of split-pea soup (which I had made the night before when I was being a sensible woman) with toast and typing out this little warning to other old folks.

Moral of story: Old folks should not go barefoot. Or at least not drop any cashews when playing pretend. cry

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.