Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Wow, that's a tough one. A few years ago my husband and I were going through a really difficult time. I wrote out how unhappy I was and that I was contemplating divorce. Then I left my journal on the bed (i guess). He told me a couple of months later (we were fighting) that he'd read my journal and he knew I hated him. I looked at him - at first shocked - then I burst out laughing. Served him right LOL.

Now I make sure my journal is tucked away in a drawer.

I went back and reread some of my old journals - and was surprised at the complaining and negativity. So I threw them out. Honestly, after I'm gone, I want those journals to reflect who I was... not some gripey complainy housewife! It taught me to focus more on moving forward, releasing and forgiving. I still post my honest thoughts, but rather than just venting, I try to be more proactive. It makes me feel better.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
Shark
Shark
I
As far as I'm concerned, a person who would read another person's journal without their permission, ESPECIALLY one who'd throw what they read in the journaler's face later, is not a nice person. He or she is a nasty, icky individual.

I've probably told this story before... if I have, forgive the repetition. Anyway, many years ago, I was engaged to marry a fellow who was totally into control. He was not religious at all, but he was one of those people I like to call One-Verse Charlies, who latch on with the tenacity of a pit bull to a single Bible verse, ideation, or passage (totally ignoring all the rest of it) and live by it, and try to force everyone else to live by it in a totally ham-fisted way! His verse? The one(s) about Wives submitting to husbands as unto the Lord.

One day he told me in a very matter of fact, this-is-just-the-way-it-is manner that once we were married everything of mine would be his, so that meant he was going to be entitled to read all my journals old and new. I don't think so, was my reply. He kept pushing and became more and more adamant, and the more I refused (finally declaring that I would burn the *%$# things rather than have him read them!) the madder he got, finally playing the secrets card and accusing me of "having something to hide."

I did not have a thing to hide, I truthfully replied; it was just the principle of privacy and respect for a person as an individual. I would never read HIS journals if he had any. He didn't get it; he went off on a tear about how a wife was "not a person, not an individual, but property of her husband and was to submit to him as unto the Lord. "As unto THE LORD!" he declared, voice rising.

He hated it when I rolled my eyes like a recalcitrant teenager!

Well, that was the first of many red flags in THAT relationship! Once again my journal had been a helpful friend to me, albeit indirectly this time. How glad I am that I did not marry that guy!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.