Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#597098 04/24/10 10:15 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
It is not easy to keep on praying when you are continually disappointed. How long do you pray before you give up?

My article this week is about the parable of the persistent widow.
Persistent Prayer

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Shark
Shark
L
I vote for King David's strategy...fast and pray with all your might until the situation is over, then get up, take a bath and eat. Never give up while there's a chance for a YES answer, until the NO is final.

Then again, Paul apparently stopped asking for the thorn in his flesh to be removed after three requests. I'm thinking sensitivity to how God's leading you to pray is paramount in each situation.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I think you are right. Pray until you know you have an answer. I think Paul got his answer after the three requests. "My grace is sufficient."

But it you have no answer, keep praying.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
How often do you pray about something though? If I pray for someone to be healed of cancer for instance, how often do I pray for it? I have been told that prayers get answered in God's time which is obviously different from our time so do you pray everyday? Every hour? Every week?

Isn't once enough to pray for something without "being annoying"? If God answers prayers in His time, who are we to keep asking for something knowing that He is going to answer it with a yes or a no?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I have a feeling that God would never consider it annoying to have His children talk to Him. He is a much better parent than I was - I remember that my daughter would say "Mom" so many times I thought about changing my name.

According to the parable I wrote about, God wants us to ask and keep on asking until we get satisfaction. I think that when we are in tune with God, satisfaction will come when we know we have an answer even if the answer is not what we wanted.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Ok, so maybe He wants us to keep asking so He knows we are serious about our prayers and not just asking or praying about something because it will make us feel good about ourselves or just "fulfilling our Christian duty?"

Last edited by Vance, Bellaonline Editor; 05/01/10 09:45 AM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Many times I pray just to fully check in. In our busy lives when things are not always going particularly well or particularly bad I try to pray just tro thank God for another day and let him know that I am thinking of him as well as review my actions and interactions with others during that day.

Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I think you are right. Pray until you know you have an answer. I think Paul got his answer after the three requests. "My grace is sufficient."

But it you have no answer, keep praying.

This is just my opinion but I think that once should be enough otherwise to me it would almost be like nagging. Why wouldn�t your first prayer be good enough to be heard? Sometimes not receiving answer is an answer in itself. Maybe having to wait and be patient is what is needed for that prayer- as patience is a virtue.

Not all prayers are meant to be answered either for whatever reasons be--

Proud Pagan
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
Why wouldn�t your first prayer be good enough to be heard?

I understand what you mean, Maureen. God knows everything anyway. It does seem that once would be enough. It's just that, that isn't what the Bible says to do.

Amoeba
Amoeba
P.U.S.H - Pray Until Something Happens

Shula #607741 06/29/10 08:21 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Quote:
P.U.S.H - Pray Until Something Happens

Thanks Ferdi. I like that. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.