logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#597037 04/23/10 07:00 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Nothing much beats the feeling of a wiggly nose in the neckshoulder. This is a body part you develop only when you have had a baby or when you have a pet rabbit. Rabbits are not a object you give as a non-planned gift nor should one be bought on impulse. How to care for the pet rabbit.

Pet Rabbits

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks a lot for your article. I have lost three of my rabbits and couldn't identify the problem. It will help me a lot to take more care.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Well, I'll love to know about any health risk related to rabbit and kids.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I think the number one problem I had with my first rabbits was thermal stress. This is when we lived on a farm and they were my animal husbandry project along with an Angus bull calf. As far as health problems they are subject to much the same problems, respiratory diseases, and digestive disorders. Some of these can be transferred between human and rabbit and vice versa. Rabbit calcivirus is pretty serious and highly contagious but has been controlled in the US. This is also called rabbit hemorrhagic disease I haven't heard of it crossing between human and rabbits. Other problems I have seen are wry neck. One of my first rabbits came to me with a fox tail from cheap grass hay imbedded in its cheek. That took a lot of work as it was infected.

Using standard precautions like washing your hands and keeping the cage clean and the cage and accessories sterilized once a week usually eliminates any possibility of problems.

G
G
Many viruses, bacteria, funguses, can be transferred from animal to people and from people to animal. Always wash hands before handling your pet and after you handle your pet. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer handy but not too handy. It is lethal to kids. Alcohol poisoning. All they have to do is lick it off their hands.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.