Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
cory455, marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga, Arash
57410 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57411 Members
417 Forums
113476 Topics
805636 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 493
Beetlemess 242
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 92
Nancy Roussy 88
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 44
Sandra Investing/HFinance 44
Dianne W - Editor 26
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#597037 - 04/23/10 07:00 PM Rabbits as Pets
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota
Nothing much beats the feeling of a wiggly nose in the neckshoulder. This is a body part you develop only when you have had a baby or when you have a pet rabbit. Rabbits are not a object you give as a non-planned gift nor should one be bought on impulse. How to care for the pet rabbit.

Pet Rabbits

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Rabbits as Pets to Twitter Add Rabbits as Pets to Facebook Add Rabbits as Pets to MySpace Add Rabbits as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Rabbits as Pets Add Rabbits as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Rabbits as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Rabbits as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Rabbits as Pets to Reddit
#597071 - 04/24/10 03:11 AM Re: Rabbits as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Farjana_Environment_Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Thanks a lot for your article. I have lost three of my rabbits and couldn't identify the problem. It will help me a lot to take more care.

Environment at BellaOnline.com

Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Twitter Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Facebook Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to MySpace Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Rabbits as Pets Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Reddit
#597072 - 04/24/10 03:19 AM Re: Rabbits as Pets [Re: Farjana_Environment_Ed]
Farjana_Environment_Ed Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Well, I'll love to know about any health risk related to rabbit and kids.

Environment at BellaOnline.com

Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Twitter Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Facebook Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to MySpace Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Rabbits as Pets Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Rabbits as Pets to Reddit
#597095 - 04/24/10 10:10 AM Re: Rabbits as Pets [Re: Farjana_Environment_Ed]
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota
I think the number one problem I had with my first rabbits was thermal stress. This is when we lived on a farm and they were my animal husbandry project along with an Angus bull calf. As far as health problems they are subject to much the same problems, respiratory diseases, and digestive disorders. Some of these can be transferred between human and rabbit and vice versa. Rabbit calcivirus is pretty serious and highly contagious but has been controlled in the US. This is also called rabbit hemorrhagic disease I haven't heard of it crossing between human and rabbits. Other problems I have seen are wry neck. One of my first rabbits came to me with a fox tail from cheap grass hay imbedded in its cheek. That took a lot of work as it was infected.

Using standard precautions like washing your hands and keeping the cage clean and the cage and accessories sterilized once a week usually eliminates any possibility of problems.

Exotic Pets

Birds

#597152 - 04/24/10 03:57 PM Re: Rabbits as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
george57 Offline

Many viruses, bacteria, funguses, can be transferred from animal to people and from people to animal. Always wash hands before handling your pet and after you handle your pet. Keep a bottle of hand sanitizer handy but not too handy. It is lethal to kids. Alcohol poisoning. All they have to do is lick it off their hands.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Florida Contests and Sweepstakes
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 08:49 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 05:50 PM
Gouda Cheese and its Skin
Low Carb
Today at 04:23 PM
Gear Art Project
Photography
Today at 03:06 PM
Star-gazing – Seeing in Dim Light *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:45 PM
Salad Time
Low Carb
Today at 02:08 PM
Daily Vitamin Options
Low Carb
Today at 02:00 PM
Vitamin C - Do You Take Any?
Low Carb
Today at 01:42 PM
How to get white of dark underarm
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 01:34 PM
Clothing color changes as you age?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Today at 01:28 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.