On Feb 12th 2010 I had a 2nd trimester misscarriage. I have had 3 healthy pregnancies in the past which blessed us with 3 boys. I had gone in for my normal prenatal visit to listen to the heartbeat. No heartbeat. My doc immidiatly sent me over to the hospital for an Ultrasound. It was then that I was told that our precios baby was no longer living. I was 17 weeks. My doctor consulted with other OBGYN`s and we decided that I would have labour induced and deliver the baby. They however wanted to have a better ultrasound done and have a radiologist look at it to try and discover why this was happening. My doc said we should try not to have a D+C at this point because the size of the baby could cause long term problems with my cervix which could cause problems in future pregnancies. So the next day I had the Ultrasound done and labour was induced. That night I delivered our baby. We were told it was a little boy. We named him, held a service, burried him and have been mourning our little Emmet for 2 months now. We have been eagerly awaiting results from chromosome testing and Pathology to try and get some answers as to why this happend. Finally we get a report back form chromosomes saying that our baby had a normal [u]female[/u] kayotype. WHAT!!!! I called the lab and then the Pathologist. They both confirmed that our baby was indeed a girl. We have not recived the path report yet but we do now know that the chomosomes were fine. Has anyone else had the mistaken gender experience. Emotionally I am having a really difficult time with it. Emotionally it feels as though I am loosing an entirly differend baby, a second one. Our little Emmet was actually our little Evangaline.