logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
With summer coming, it's a great time to become a business owner! These business ideas are great for part-time, even weekend businesses. Easy to start and quckly profitable:

Six Summer Businesses you can Start Now

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hey Deb,
Great article and I absolutely agree. Especially with the problems caused by the massive snow storm that we had a month ago. A lot of people need help getting their broken houses back in order. Every house on my block had the roof of their shed cave in. Tree limbs all over, fallen fences. There should be a lot of work this summer for anyone handy!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thanks, Dianne. That's a great tip--many areas have some sort of storm or weather damage this year.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Deb,
I didn't see a forum topic started regarding your article on business ideas for teens...so I"ll just plop this one here since it's along the same vein.

My 13 yr old son started his own "business". During the winter -he shovels driveways. He didn't charge much $5-$10 a drive way. Considering the length of some these driveways, he should have charged more. Plus a house or two tried to not pay him once he was done. He handled it himself though and they did end up paying him.

Now he started mowing lawns. With our environmentally friendly push mower we just bought. He was only able to get to one lawn.
He's so thrilled to have his own pocket change.

Though extra pocket money always seems to translate to video games. Next we need to teach him how to save...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Dianne, my son mowed yards for several years till he was old enough to get a job (he got his first "real" job at 15 and still did a few mowing jobs then). He made great money doing it, too. It's a great business for teens.

Once he had enough to open a bank account, that helped him (a little) not to spend it all as soon as he had it. He could "save up" for bigger stuff. LOL

Your son learned valuable business lessons with his shoveling business and I'm sure he'll learn more with mowing. It's such a great intro into the world of customer service, collections, time management, and more!

Congrats to him for having the spirit of the entrepreneur!

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.