Next Thread
Print Thread
#584647 02/17/10 02:57 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just went through the online FASFA application. I'd heard so many horror stories about it - but I found it incredibly easy! I applied for a PIN, and then filled out the forms. I was doing my taxes anyway so the 3 or 4 tax related questions were all fairly easy. They are simply filling in numbers right off the tax form. And then poof! It was done!

I will have to revise it when I finish my taxes - right now the numbers are only estimates. But even that doesn't seem too tricky.

I suppose it's easier for me because I'm "independent" - I don't have to count my parents at all. I only had to put in my own information.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa - My daughter and I completed the FASFA from - she was accepted to VSU (I couldn't get her to apply to Ohio State - my alum) I thought it was easy too, which has me worried since I've heard the horror stories too.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wonder what the tricky part is - for people who have trouble with it. Is it that they don't know their tax information, and find it a huge challenge to figure that out?

Low Carb Forum
Good to see this topic now because so many people miss the March 2nd deadline. SO tell your friends ..also I recommend following up 2 days later with a phone call. It is extremely easy, very short hold time and you can simply ask any questions you may have but for peace of mind a conformation of receipt!

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Welcome to the forum Patricio and thanks for the reminder to everyone about the March 2nd deadline. Your recommendation to follow up with a call is also a great idea!

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I have been using FAFSA for a number of years now. There is no difficulty in it's use. However, having just recently enrolled and now taking classes at UMD online, it's important to make sure your FAFSA information reaches the school you chose. Fortunately I had no "issues."
Also, as Patricio said keep up with the dates that these forms need to be filled out. This way your "ensured" to get aid in a timely manner.One of the beauties of filling out FAFSA for me is that they "store" information for later use, alleviating the pain of having to fill out a complete new form. Just remember your password!

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It appears that the deadline isn't always March 2nd, either, so don't panic if it's past March 2nd! Go in and check out what the deadline is for you and your state!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I was able to fill out both the 2009-2010 and the 2010-2011 FASFAs at pretty much the same time. One applies to the "spring classes" I'm about to take starting April 15th. The next set applies to the summertime classes and onward. So I've done two sets of FASFAs now. It's really not bad. Go ahead and fill them out! You could get some free money for your schooling!

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.