Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Across the net there are many different words banded about like self development, personal development, self growth, self empowerment, personal growth, self help, etc. There is also much controversy and haziness around the field. Is it an airy-fairy subject or is there substance behind it all?

Have a look at:
Self Development - Scam or Invaluable

I'd love to receive your feedback so do add your comments, queries, thoughts, etc., to this Forum thread. I look forward to hearing from you! (JOY)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thanks for the great article! To me, self development is an important part of this earthly journey. I love learning. And I really love and appreciate when others share about their lives and impart what they have learned. In this way, we all grow together.

There are so many self help tools out there. We all must find which tools work for us and which don't. It's like gem collecting.

There are some people who try to capitalize on this market and just crank out shallow platitudes. But you can identify those fairly easily because they don't resonate within your spirit and inspire growth.

When you think about it, everything here on earth and in your life is for your own self development, from raising children to professional relationships.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
J
Great question. I have a personal development site and I'm a part of what I think is a great community of personal development minded women. It's very powerful, but like the last post I love learning and growing and helping others to do the same. I appreciate your post.

Jordan Mercedes
Business Owners
Repurpose WorkBusiness Owners Editor Bella Online
Forum Moderator
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Chi-Japanese Food
Thanks for the great article!...everything here on earth and in your life is for your own self development, from raising children to professional relationships.

Thank you for your feedback - you are a true 'Eternal Student of Life'! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: JMBusinessOwners
Great question. I have a personal development site and I'm a part of what I think is a great community of personal development minded women. It's very powerful, but like the last post I love learning and growing and helping others to do the same. I appreciate your post.

Hi Jordan, I'm delighted to meet you on this Forum and to see your site. Yes, women with a passion for continual Self Development and Personal Development have great power to help others. (JOY)

D
D
Love your article. I'm also big on personal development, which I'm glad has its own title now that isn't "self help." Every since I was 14, I had a fascination with "self help" books but there's a stigma of shame attached to the idea. Personal development is about making the best life you can, while self help to me sounds like you're broken or inadequate in some way. I also run a personal development website now, which I'm so psyched about. Journaling for personal growth. I'm getting good feedback that it's helping people a lot. It's awesome to know my work in personal growth can now help other people achieve their best!

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Dreamingfish
Love your article�Personal development is about making the best life you can, while self help to me sounds like you're broken or inadequate in some way. It's awesome to know my work in personal growth can now help other people achieve their best!

Hi Dreamingfish, you are so right. One of the reasons for the stigma around self help, personal development, self growth, self development, etc., is that some people think that if they admit they need help in an area it means that they are not up to scratch.

In fact the opposite is true. They are a great asset to employers and society in general as they see the benefit of continuous development. This is essential for the progress of the Sciences, the Arts and everything else associated with the development of our species! (JOY)

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wonderful article and discussion!
I often get teased by family and friends because I'm always reading something about personal development. When they make jokes, I just laugh along and point out times when they've sought my advice. They know I will always help them look for the positive in the situation and figure out a way to make it work to their advantage. Continuing to learn and grow is a passion for me and it's always fun to expand my viewpoints and look at things through the experiences of others.

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

Upcycling stained glass that survived a fire, was hand collected from the ashes, tumbled, cleaned and turned into beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.
Fire Phoenix Glass Creations

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Debbie S - Creativity Ed
Wonderful article and discussion! I often get teased by family and friends because I'm always reading something about personal development... Continuing to learn and grow is a passion for me and it's always fun to expand my viewpoints and look at things through the experiences of others.
This is problem that so many people experience - having family, friends, colleagues, etc., who do not understand the excitement of Self Development. Thank you very much for your feedback! (JOY)

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
People tend to take what we see as helpful suggestions about situations and turn them into criticisms. Then they need to defend their current viewpoint rather than consider another. Whether they are happy in their lives or not seems to be beside the point. Unless, of course, they ask for advice. Few people are willing to admit they are not perfect and don't have all the answers smile

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

Upcycling stained glass that survived a fire, was hand collected from the ashes, tumbled, cleaned and turned into beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.
Fire Phoenix Glass Creations

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.