logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
some ladies think that women always looked much smarter in skirts, hosiery and heels. Its just a personal preference really, I've always prefered trousers.what about you?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great question bettysmile,

In 1994, I worked for a company that only allowed women to dress in skirt/blouse or dress, hosiery and heels. I won't name any names but it was a national payroll company....lol.. A year or so after I started they allowed women to wear slacks (because of some California law). 8 years later they went to business casual.

I personally feel more productive when I'm comfortable so if I could wear nice sweats and sneakers to work, I'd love it. Since I can't...lol...I wear slacks 99% of the time. I do like to dress up occassionally, but I'm not very productive when I do.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Parakeet
Parakeet
I look horrible in slacks, so if I can't wear jeans, I wear skirts. I've noticed that fewer and fewer women wear skirts - I'm working downtown for the first time in years and it's really an obvious difference from a few years ago when I was last in the business districts regularly.

Julie

B
OP Offline
B
Yesterday my boy friend bought a gorgeous nike shoes from [url=http://www.nikejordanshoes2sell.com/]www.nikejordanshoes2sell.com[/url],it's very comfortable and i like it very much,and something my favor change!

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
skirt and trouser both are good at workplace. but yes , i think women look smarter and more confident in skirt. I prefer skirt over trouser

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi Alica,
That's what my former employer said - that women look more confident in a skirt. Never could understand that one...lol...

Last edited by Dianne W - Editor; 04/09/10 08:25 AM.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
F
F
:tut:I do wear skirts a lot! There are 2 reasons why. I am tall and mostly slacks can be too short.I am quiet slim from the waist down but have a larger sized bust, dresses just dont work for me. So I am a skirt girl and have a large collection of them. I love them. :grin:

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
[quote=Dianne W - Editor]Hi Alica, That's what my former employer said - that women look more confident in a skirt. Never could understand that one...lol... [/quote] Ya its true. skirt is known as very formal wear.

Last edited by alica; 04/12/10 05:48 AM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
It's almost ironic how skirts are considered formal. At my office, we have a "no sweats" rule as part of the dress code. But I wear a skirt made out of some sort of athletic fleece several days a week and no one ever notices. It doesn't look like athletic wear unless you look at the inside (in fact, it looks really nice), but it's super comfortable!

I have a dress I used to just throw on when I was too lazy to get dressed (or the doorbell rang waking me up), and people always told me how nice I looked while I laughed to myself.

Julie

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Ladies,
Even though wearing skirts have always made me feel unproductive...I bought some nice sweaters to wear with the skirts that I don't like to wear....lol... I thought I would change it up a bit this spring and see how it goes.
I also bought a pair of nice stick in sandals so that I don't feel overwhelmed with the heels.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.