March 20, 2010 -- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

PBA Tournament of Champion winner and top seed, Kelly Kulick captured the Ladie's Open Masters Crown, following in the footsteps of Carolyn Dorin-Ballard, who won last year. That is two years in a row for the Americans ladies.

It wasn't an easy victory as she was taken to the third game by her opponent, Chien Hsiu-Lan of Taipei. Two unlucky splits in the first game put Kelly down, 184 to 211 for Chien.

A quick ball change made the difference in the second game when she came back with a 218-212 victory to force the deciding game.

Chien started the third match with a double and Kelly had a split in the second frame; but, she rallied with a turkey (4th, 5th, and 6th frames) and a double (8th and 9th frames)while Chien did not have another strike after her opening double. Kelly emerged victorious, 211 to 201.

"Yes it was very exciting. Each game came down to the last frame," said the delighted Kelly.

"The lanes were drastically different and I had to make many changes. So I went to my bag and had to find a suitable ball. I'm glad I made the right change early."

Kelly Kulick is certainly enjoying a banner year for her bowling prowess.

Clyde "Choc" Higa, Editor
http://bowling.bellaonline.com
USBC Bronze Certified Coach
International Bowling Media Association