Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
I woke up at 4 a.m. with the worst migraine I think I have ever had. The wonderful part about that migraine was it helped me find my focus again. I've had these things since I was a young girl. This morning I snuggled down in my bed, began meditating, and before I knew it, I was waking up with just some minor soreness in my head. The relief was awesome! I brought soothing white light down into my 6th chakra and envisioned the pain being taken away. The best part was how rested I felt when I woke up. I also tried a little mantra as well. With. Each deep breath in I told myself it was a pain reliever the breath out was the pain leaving. I feel wonderful! Now I just need to find a way to get to sleep tonight. :)

Last edited by alliegirl; 03/20/10 11:37 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Wow that's awesome news Allie! Congratulations!!

I am very lucky that I haven't had a migraine yet but I hear they are some of the worst things you can ever go through. I don't envy you!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been suffering from migraine since 1986. Next time I'll certainly try this.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I am also happy for you alliegirl! Keep up the meditation practice, it is certainly paying off for you!

A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Thanks everyone!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Alliegirl - you were talking about having to fall asleep again - do you have problems in general falling asleep?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
I have a great deal of trouble sleeping. The last week has been pretty bad, but I'm over stressed. I have a hard time turning my thoughts off at night. I recently lost my job so I'm home a lot more, we have some financial issues (of course) and I really want to be back at work again. However, I must say that the work hiatus presented me with the chance to focus on my spiritual growth. Meditation has long been a way for me to relax and sleep. When I was able to battle migraines, I felt truly accomplished. The sleep thing is still an issue though.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Alliegirl, thanks for sharing about trouble sleeping. For me, I have to find a sleeping position that I can truly relax in - then I count backwards from 10 to 1. Each count I relax more and before 1 have drifted off. I think getting completely comfortable in bed is essential to falling asleep. So, it's a combination of mentally relaxing, and being physically comfortable.

A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
I've tried for the past week to get comfy and I've counted, I've used mantra, I've gone to my "happy place", and nothing seems to work. One thing I'm battling is a hormonal imbalance. Each month I must have estrogen injections due to a hysterectomy a few years back. I haven't had it sice early February (shame on me). I've been trying to take a more natural approach to my health care. I'm thinking that I've made a bit of an error. Hot flashes and emotions are at their peak (not to mention night sweats and sleep disturbance). I'm about to turn 30 and I know how my grandmother feels. :) I'm trying to get my self under control, but I feel like I will have to give in and go back to artificial means of hormonal balance.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
It's okay to take the medication that balances your hormones. Let's be thankful it is available! Natural or not, medicine is still an earthly gift to us earthlings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.