Next Thread
Print Thread
#590995 03/16/10 02:07 PM
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
I'm trying to get back into my daily routine of meditating. For so long I was a working mother, and I let my spirituality sort of fall by the wayside. I lost my job and now I'm a stay at home mom. I want to get back to myself and my focus on my spirituality. I'm having some trouble getting back into my groove though. When I sit down for meditation, I can't seem to focus. I've tried quiet, soft music, and I even tried sitting outside. It seems like the slightest of things causes me to lose focus on my breathing. If I am succesfully able to focus on breathing, when I begin to bring down my white light, I cannot seem to get through my chakras. I feel like everything shuts down. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Susan and many others in the Meditation forum should give you some insight and help, alliegirl.

When I meditate I find that along with candles and incense it helps me to focus if I imagine a large screen in front of me. I put my focus in the center of the screen and think about my subject. Sometimes other visions or thoughts enter from the left or the right and I just gently, mentally push them aside. If the same thought keeps coming back to intrude, I start over and focus on that stubborn image or thought till it clears away.

After years of meditating I no longer have to put so much focus on my breathing or chakras, I just slip into mediatation easily and naturally. I found it to be too regimented to focus on breathing and chakras. I just let my mind gently focus where I need it to.

Hope this helps some.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I also suffer the mind chatter & distractions problem if I sit to meditate in complete silence & I'm in a busy mind state. I prefer to use a mantra, such as a sanskrit word or phrase which I repeat using mala beads to keep track of repetitions (like prayer beads)
Using Sanskrit Mantra

You could use a phrase in English, such as "I breathe in peace, I breathe out anxiety." I also like a visualisation rather than trying to blank out the mind- giving my mind something positive to focus on helps no end!

A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
Thanks for the tip and the link! I'm going to try that!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.