Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ebnul Karim Benzima, Morr27, purat, Kellyack91, sienawilson
56586 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56587 Members
417 Forums
111495 Topics
786333 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 273
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 132
loongdragon 112
James Andrew 109
Lestie4containergardens 70
Jilly 69
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 69
Susan - Meditation Editor 52
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#590280 - 03/11/10 10:02 PM Tigers as Pets
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota

This is the first chapter about tigers and taking care of pet tigers. There are many people who have tigers as pets throughout the world. I am aware of the strong feelings about keeping or not keeping tigers captive. This article is written from a neutral viewpoint of having tigers as pets.

Tigers as Pets

Have you EVER, even secretly dreamed of a tiger or other large cat as a pet?

Exotic Pets at Twitter

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Tigers as Pets to Twitter Add Tigers as Pets to Facebook Add Tigers as Pets to MySpace Add Tigers as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Tigers as Pets Add Tigers as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Tigers as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Tigers as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Tigers as Pets to Reddit
#590298 - 03/12/10 12:49 AM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Calla Offline
Shark

That was certainly interesting that is a awful lot of meat in a day. I think that is more than a family buys in month. I cna't imagine how expensive it would be to feed a tiger. I am looking forward to the next chapter. Honestly I did want a tiger when I grew up, I think I was around 12 years old and I thought it would be so neat and cuddly to have a tiger. no common sense at that age.

Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Twitter Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Facebook Add Re: Tigers as Pets to MySpace Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tigers as Pets Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Reddit
#590303 - 03/12/10 01:00 AM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Calla]
reptilepop Offline
Jellyfish

I would worry about someone messing with the cat. There are so many awful people in the world. Dogs and cats get tortured and poisioned. Think what some idiot would do to a tiger. I never wanted a tiger but I sure loved the idea of a cougar.

Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Twitter Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Facebook Add Re: Tigers as Pets to MySpace Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tigers as Pets Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tigers as Pets to Reddit
#590306 - 03/12/10 01:08 AM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: reptilepop]
skunkmom Offline
Jellyfish

I had no idea there was so few tigers left in the world. Can't humans value anything? They are beautiful magestic animals. I can't think I ever really thought about a tiger as a pet. I remember a friend that use to be crazy about the idea. In fact she has a couple of larger type cats. They are about the size of a bobcat. Skunkmom

#590308 - 03/12/10 01:16 AM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: skunkmom]
Koala

Pet Tigers

If you haven't read the article yet give it a read I am sure you will find it interesting.

Yes, we were put in charge of this beautiful world and we�re using it to depletion destroying it along the way. It is truly sad. One species of tiger is down to only 20. It is time for a wakeup call that�s for sure.

We all had our dreams as children especially the early teen years. I remember another animal I really loved was a Martin.

Exotic Pets

Birds

#590389 - 03/12/10 04:13 PM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Koala

My family just order a quarter of a beef and it was $350, I can't imagine the cost involved 9-18 pounds of meat a day?

Exotic Pets

Birds

#590982 - 03/16/10 05:44 PM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Koala

Since writing this article I have been working with many cat owners on future articles. I think you will find them very fascinating. I hope to have the first posted by Saturday. As I am working with other people timeframes have to be relaxed a tad. I have anxiety attacks if I am not typing 18/7 I am finding other people not quite as compulsive. It has been an absolute joy working with my contacts; wonderful people. If it seems I am not around as much, I am very much there, just working behind the scenes for the time being readying future stories. Perhaps suffering from brain overload, though I am able to defrag as the information is typed!

Exotic Pets

Birds

#590988 - 03/16/10 05:54 PM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Calla Offline
Shark

Sounds intriguing I can't wait to see what is in store.

#601195 - 05/19/10 06:30 PM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Calla]
Ishtar Offline

Loc: Southern USA
I found this thread a bit late, but want to put in a suggestion: Why not adopt a tiger through a tiger rescue? There are some organizations that take in abandonded and abused large cats. Why not adopt one of these needy cats as your own personal pet?

#601232 - 05/19/10 09:42 PM Re: Tigers as Pets [Re: Ishtar]
Koala

Good idea Ishtar.
Since tigers are critically endangered, licensing and the permit process would be difficult if not impossible, especially in today�s �down on exotic� climate. I would like to see some viewpoints on this subject thought. If I had the means and the space I certainly would do so. What are your thoughts?

tigers

Exotic Pets

Birds

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
03:14 AM
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by kiwistech
Cosmetics
02:09 AM
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Lestie4containergardens
Container Gardening
01:37 AM
Yoga Relieves Back Pain
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Yoga
11:51 PM
The Way of the Bodhisattva
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
11:15 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
11:14 PM
The Bar Method a Body Sculpting Workout
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
11:06 PM
The Haunting of Chretien Point
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
10:46 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (purat, Izeigo, Susan - Meditation Editor), 63 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.