Next Thread
Print Thread
#502788 03/15/09 09:34 AM
J
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
J
Hi Amber, I enjoyed your article. I'm a big Charlie Chaplin fan and I thought you'd be interested to know I live very close to where Chaplin was born in South East London. It is East Street, Walworth and there is a thriving street market there now. The actual house where he was born is now gone but a plaque on the wall marks the place. He was a proud Londoner which is why he always retained British citizenship and so they were able to throw him out of the US. They put a statue of him in Leicester Square (heart of film and theatre land in London) and there is also a street called Charlie Chaplin Walk on the South Bank.

Joanna Czechowska
British Television Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I was never a big Chaplin fan. I always preferred Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd. Unfortunately, I have rarely seen much of silent stars like Fatty Arbuckle, Harry Langdon and Charlie Chase. I also like Laurel and Hardy a lot. I have a DVD of Laurel and Hardy, also one of Buster Keaton. I wish I could find more silent film comedies on DVD.

Craig58 #560711 10/30/09 03:22 PM
F
F
I have large original colored Heralds/Flyers of movies of Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy, Harold Lloyd and MANY others. Also of Horror Movies and of old movies of Lon Chaney Sr., Douglas Fairbanks Sr., Joan Crawford, Wheeler & Wolsey, etc. You name them and I may have them.

If interested, please contact me at firozm20@hotmail.com

Firoz Master.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Chaplin's early output is interesting to watch and can be enjoyable (although I find I have to be in the right mood to watch a silent film) but I prefer his work from The Gold Rush onwards rather than the earlier ones. My favourite Chaplin film is Limelight.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.