Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I do agree that it definitely helps for me to have my goals out where I can see them and am reminded of them. That way if I have a spare half hour instead of just flailing around a bit I can do something towards one of those goals smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I actually found another goal tracking community aside from 43things that I'm really excited about. It�s called Goal For It.com. With 43 Things you can list your goals, blog about them and get support from the community. But with Goalforit you can do all of the same things as with 43things, only in addition you can list the steps it will take to reach your goal and you can check them off along the way. This is for those people who really need to SEE that they are really making progress.

I�m going to write more about this as I use Goalforit. So far I�ve been using it to manage two major goals and I love it!

Last edited by leahmullen; 08/11/09 11:53 AM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I definitely agree that people should try a variety of systems until they find whichever one is perfect for you. Some people love index cards, some love online communities and some love cork boards. Keep trying and experimenting until you find what suits your personality and style!

For me I like having my goals right in Outlook where they're private and immediate.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Don't forget that the best system for you can change over time, as well. I mostly use a combination of the Flylady system and post-it notes to keep me on track with things.

Right now I am actually too busy even to use the Flylady stuff. I barely have time for post-it note to-do lists. I have to set a timer to ring every half hour so i will get up and do something non-computer-ey for a few minutes, then dive back into work.

I am hoping this won't be a permanent busy lifestyle and am sure things will even out in the next few months. Then I will take a look at what time management system is right for me at that point.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is an excellent point Jilly, that we shouldn't cling to an old system just because it worked for us before. If things change in your life, it's always good to reevaluate how you handle things and see if you can improve!

Your life is still settling in from the huge chaotic changes you have been going through! I am absolutely sure in a few months that things will settle into a pattern and get easier for you smile

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I agree with you both because the old system was good for old goals, but if you have new goals, then the previous system may no longer apply.

I've belonged to the flylady group on yahoo for a few months now, but have yet to really go in and participate. But I will at some point. Thanks for the reminder smile

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I keep shocking myself on how vastly my life keeps changing every three months of so. How can i possibly set any goals? Anyone else having trouble with this?

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hi Jilly,

I know what you mean, when the ground feels like shifting sand.

My suggestion is to take one thing, one small goal that you can "control" no matter what. For me that one thing would be writing.

Take a few minutes every day to move that one pet project along. Slowly inch by inch. Maybe it's organizing a shelf, putting together your five year plan, working out for 20 minutes a day, making sure there are no dishes in your sink (ala flylady)etc.

Just choose something that will have long term benefits and be faithful to it every day for a few minutes. Claim it as your foundation. Shine it up, polish it love it.

I swear this has helped me. There have been times when I felt I was in the middle of a whirlwind, but was comforted by the fact that I had washed and folded all of the clothes.

Something little like that can make all of the difference.

Last edited by leahmullen; 11/16/09 01:08 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Leah, that is very good advice. I guess i should think now what that one pet project should be.

hmmm. Yoga, planting a veggie garden, earning rent money, planning one good backpack or camping trip a month?

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
For me, it is putting together my first Squidoo lens. I am working on it one section/day. And when I say section, I mean one small idea at a time.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.