Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm still waiting to hear back from both Northeastern and Penn State about my applications. I'm on pins and needles but I haven't heard a peep out of either one.

Don't you wish they had some sort of online tracking system so you could see how far in the process your application was? Heck, even at Domino's when you order a pizza you can see if it's in the oven or out on the truck smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm getting a little discouraged. I was assigned a "buddy" at Northeastern but even though I wrote her she didn't get back to me for several weeks and even then I think she was prodded by a friend of mine. I haven't heard anything at all from Penn State.

Am I naive to think I should get at least a status update at some point?

Low Carb Forum
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Lisa
Do you already know that you can check the status of your application on the Penn State website? Or is it just that they don't really give you much information on that page?
I know that here in Canada they don't usually give you much information until they have made the decision and it is just a waiting game (but not a very fun game). It seems you almost have to put your life on hold waiting for them to decide. Maybe you can give them a call to at least find out if there is a date you should hear by. I know they probably don't want everyone calling but they should at least give you a date that will allay some of your frustration. Hope your "buddy" gets back to you again.
Don't get too discouraged and I hope you hear something from both universities soon.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elizabeth - the status on the Penn State site just says "pending" smile

Northeastern has sent me two emails now, one telling me how my transfer credits were applied, and one asking if I'm coming to the orientation in April. So it seems like they *might* have accepted me but just not actually told me yet smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I wrote Penn State and asked them how long it typically takes for a response. They responded promptly and said 4-6 weeks. So I should find out from them shortly, I hope. It was Feb 18th I think that I applied. But I don't think they got my high school transcripts until March 1st because of a glitch at my high school, so maybe it won't be until mid-April.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
To catch up, I finally got acceptances from both schools. Northeastern took about 1 month, Penn State took about 6 weeks smile

Low Carb Forum
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Fantastic news Lisa!!! smile
Thanks for letting us know. Since that is the most important first step, you can now move on to the next one of deciding between the two schools. I hope that won't be too difficult but it may not be too easy since you applied to both schools because they had the courses that you were most interested in. But what a fantastic problem to be working on!!

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
As you might guess from my other posts, I went with Northeastern. Both had awesome courses which I adored, which was my primary deciding factor. Secondary is that Northeastern only has 4 courses at a time, on a quarter format. So you focus on 4 courses, you take your exams, and you're done. You move on. With Penn State you take 6 classes at a time for a whole semester. The thought of trying to juggle 6 classes simultaneously (six final exams at once!!) on six different topics was just too much for me. I'm already stretching my limits very tightly here trying to squeeze these classes in. Four classes at once is right at my max, I think.

Low Carb Forum
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Yes I did discover that you had chosen Northeastern. And with good reason! You are a very busy person and I admire your ability to make such good use of your time. Even the 4 courses will be a full load for you but I am certain that you will do extremely well. smile

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I appreciate the encouragement smile I'm only starting with 3 - the 4th gets added in after a month - so I'm ramping in slowly. So far it's all just discussion board "say hello" stuff so it is going well!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Interestingly I want to add that I **JUST** now got a welcome packet from Penn State. This despite the fact that I emailed them saying I was turning them down weeks ago - and I'm already in my second week of classes at Northeastern! They are far behind the ball ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
This all sounds like typical bureaucratic process. Sorry to be cynical! :-)

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think actually it's that I'm spoiled. My sister applied to Tufts for a graduate program last **December** and she still hasn't heard back. There are many colleges that still take months and months to let you know!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.