Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#589425 03/07/10 10:40 AM
W
wafer Offline OP
OP Offline
W
i have an adopted brother but i consider him as a real brother. he is older than me by 3 years. when we were young (probably like i was 7 and he's 10), we would fight and it was physical. when he punches me, i bite him or i pull his hair. he is bigger than me so he has that much strength. even as we grew up, he would still hurt me like than. he would do it even if there were other people around (like my classmate or a neighbor) and even if my parents are there. one time, he slapped my face and it got so red and quite swollen for a short time. in 2000, my father got sick. starting that year until present, he undergoes dialysis so he has become weak. on the other hand, my brother grew bigger. when he gets drunk, he becomes violent and hurts even my mom and dad. there was this time when he pushed my father and my father fell on the ground and his nose (i think) bled. when i tried to intervene, he pushed me aside and i almost hit my head on the wall. he now has a family of his own but he sometimes still lives in our house. i don't want to be home when he's there so i don't stay with my parents as of now. sometimes his wife and kid also stays at home and i feel really awkward and uncomfortable. it has been years since we talked (aside from the "is mama there?"). his wife told my mom that he's better or nicer now and even my mom says so. according to my mom, he also still drinks but not as much. i understand that my mom loves him, but i just can't stand it when he's there. i'm scared of him but i'm trying not to show it when i see him. my parents keep on telling me to come home but i don't want to. i feel like so much has happened and i just can't seem to handle it. am i a bad daughter/sister? i'm sorry if this post is long. i tried making it concise. there's just plenty of details.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
wafer #593678 04/01/10 04:59 PM
N
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
N
I'm really sorry to read about your problem and I hope your brother chooses to get help soon.

Your brother is abusive and your instincts to stay away from him are correct. Unfortunately, he has a problem that you cannot solve, but you are right not to enable him by continuing to be his victim.

Make sure your parents know how you feel and don't feel guilty about doing the right thing. Hopefully, you have a safe place to stay when you remove yourself from this situation.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor
W
wafer Offline OP
OP Offline
W
hi nina. thank you very much for answering. i have told my parents about my feelings but they seem not to listen very much. i think that they believe that he will one day change and become a better son. yes, i do have a safe place where i am staying in for a year now. thank you very much for your concern. it really means a lot to me

wafer #596513 04/19/10 07:35 PM
N
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
N
You're very welcome Wafer. Be safe.

Nina Guilbeau
Siblings Editor

Moderated by  Nina - Siblings 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.