logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#587925 03/01/10 11:10 AM
Mx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
This morning on the news I heard about the suicide of Marie Osmond's son. What bothered me about the reporting of the story in both television and newsprint, is the fact that they say her "adopted son". Does this change her grief any less? Of course not! I remember when Bob Hope died at age 100. Even in the news articles, they still referred to his and Doris' children as their "adopted children". These people were in their seventies for goodness sake!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I agree with you. He was her son and they should have refered to him as that, not adopted son.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Mx3 and Connie!

I agree with you both! The same thing with Tom Cruise--why do they always refer to his older children as his adopted children? Unless there is an article that is specifically talking about adoption, adoption itself usually has nothing to do with whatever the article is about! Yet the media always mentions it--every, single time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same thoughts on this. Thank for both for posting! smile

A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
I just heard a radio advertisement for an upcoming episode of a TV talk show (either ET or Insider..not sure which), and, in the entire ad, they referred to Marie Osmond�s son as her son, not her adopted son.

I sure hope others will follow that example�just the way she so eloquently put it while on the Larry King Show a while back. I�ll try to find a clip and add a link here.

Koala
Koala
To me, a person that adopts a child goes through much more than a natural born child. Maybe that person can't have children or is trying to give a child a better future than the one they have now. Adopted child should be thought of as a wonderful thing!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Mx3 Offline OP
OP Offline
I think it is mentioned all of the time because those in charge do not "get" adoption. They see it as different, and although it is, it need not be mentioned!

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.